Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
par

Decide to full-time CHECK
Sell house CHECK
Get truck CHECK
Order Trailer CHECK
Today it finally happened about 18 months after we started this journey, we placed our order for an FL36 from Camping In Style in Brooklin Ontario.
I want to thank all the members of this forum who allowed me to join and participate in the various discussions. Frankly I am not sure I would have proceeded without the knowledge gained from being a part of this. I have come to realize that even though we may want to believe these units to be pristine that some issues will arise. The success of this journey will depend on how we react to them and this forum has certainly opened my eyes.
Ironically the trailer was ordered one day to the year that I joined this forum... a good omen I hope.
Now we are in standby until delivery date.Edited by: par
Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #2

Congratulations! Being fulltimers and traveling this great country, we have found that we only travel about 200 miles a day and then stay at a RV park for two nights to minimize the stress of getting to our destination. Heck, we are both retired... what's the hurry. Set your cruise control to 55 or 60 and save on your fuel costs, and when you get to where you are going ask for weekly or better yet monthly rates from the RV parks. You will save big bucks over the nightly rates.

Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #3

Paul, congratulations. My wife and I own a 36FL (2012 model) and love it. We have made a few minor modifications including towel holders purchased at Home Depot, affixed to the shower wall (epoxy glue), Black and Decker under cabinet coffee maker, magnetic knife holder behind stove top (again glued to wall using epoxy glue). Hopefully you ordered your coach with the g tires and larger capacity wheels and 8K axels. We didn't have the opportunity to order the 8K axels and we upgraded to 14 ply steel belted tires and the larger capacity wheels (sendel model T04 rated at 3750lbs each). We also have a dishwasher and what a wonderful addition that is!! We do not have a generator nor washer/dryer. Thanks to a multitude of folks on this forum I installed an additional gate valve on our sewer boom to allow both grey tanks to be used as in the FL only 1 tank is used for the bath and kitchen and the other tank is reserved for the washer/dryer. You may want to check with Redwood as I think for 2013 they readjusted the grey tanks and now have them configured to handle the grey water collection differently. We also have the slim line Wingard DirectV satelite with 4 drops including the basement (you may want to check with your dealer/factory if you want additional drops installed). Our latest addition is an EZ air bed that we purchased from Frontgate (frontgate.com and search for EZ bed) we also purchased a 2 1/2 memory foam topper for it.. We purchased that as the 36FL does not have a "sofa bed" option and we have Grandchlidren.Congrats again and we know you will really enjoy your new redwood coach as we certainly to. We have traveled over 35K miles in the year we have owned it and are planning a East Coast trip this year.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
Site Team

Paul and Anita,
congrats on the new purchase and I'm glad you found information on this forum helpful when ordering your in home. Life is a journey, full of challenges and many bends in the road with each one building memories. Enjoy the freedom your new Redwood offers. I'm glad to hear that your plan is coming together and I hope it brings happiness to you and yours.

Happy Trails

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 04-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #5

Paul,

Congratulations on submitting the order. What options did you decide on getting. As per John's note, I also have the dealer installing a similar valve to balance the 2 grey water tanks.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #6

We just spent our first long weekend in our new 36FL. Hardly feels like real camping...except for the return of that wonderful campfire odor. Congratulations!

It's not my intention to muck up this thread but how do I determine whether my grey tanks are set up in a fashion similar to Jim's?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
We just spent our first long weekend in our new 36FL. Hardly feels like real camping...except for the return of that wonderful campfire odor. Congratulations!

It's not my intention to muck up this thread but how do I determine whether my grey tanks are set up in a fashion similar to Jim's?

Search for a post by "TravelinAnderson" dated February 11, 2013. He has pictures of the modification and parts list.

Edited by: hoosierguy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #8

Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #9

I am having problems finding TravelinAnderson posting on 2-11-2013. Any suggestions on how I can find it? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #10

To to the Search feature at the top of home page and CLI k on Search. You can then search by user name. Put in TAs full name and click the all posts square. TAs post is on page 4, I believe.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #11

Thanks. I tried your suggestion but I can't find the 2-11-13 picture. Have a great day.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #12

I found the pictures. Thanks everyone.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by par
Sell house CHECK
Get truck CHECK
Order Trailer CHECK
Today it finally happened about 18 months after we started this journey, we placed our order for an FL36 from Camping In Style in Brooklin Ontario.
I want to thank all the members of this forum who allowed me to join and participate in the various discussions. Frankly I am not sure I would have proceeded without the knowledge gained from being a part of this. I have come to realize that even though we may want to believe these units to be pristine that some issues will arise. The success of this journey will depend on how we react to them and this forum has certainly opened my eyes.
Ironically the trailer was ordered one day to the year that I joined this forum... a good omen I hope.
Now we are in standby until delivery date.
Congratulations! Very well said. We are happy that you have taken the plunge with us and feel comfortable in doing so. What you have said about this forum just reaffirms that education in all forms makes for a better RVing experience. Our Goal is....to enjoy the experience.

Look forward to meeting you .....on down the highway!!

Lady E Cooper
TXRVProfessor&LadyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #14
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana

Paul,
Â*
Congratulations on submitting the order. What options did you decide on getting. As per John's note, I also have the dealer installing a similar valve to balance the 2 grey water tanks.
I don't know if you have seen the most recent pricing list from Redwood but basically we selected every option available to the FL. Most notably, the Residential Appliance package, and thanks to this forum, the 8K axle and G Tires, and the Disk brakes. Some may argue that we may have gone a little overboard but as full-timers the last thing I want to do while sitting down in our coach in a year or so from now regretting that we should have bought this or that. The time to buy is now while the purchasing 'discounts' are available. It is our intent to make this experience as enjoyable as possible.

As far as linking the grey tanks, I did mention that to our salesman and he said he would look into it.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #15

Congrats to another satisfied customer of Camping in Style. We purchased our FL last Year and picked it up in May. Hope you are planning on coming to the rally in Aug! I had the windows installed in the chair slide, lot more light and cross ventilation. Regarding the grey water tanks, ask Dan at the dealers service dept to obtain the plumbing diagram for your coach, I did and thats how we found that one of the tanks was for the washer only, just added a valve and now we use both thanks for the grey Water. Again congrats and hope to meet up soon
Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #16

Paul and Anita, Congrats and welcome to the RW Family. There are a lot of great people willing to share experience and RV lifestyle knowledge. Happy Camping.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Paul and Anita, Welcome to our cool, fun, and knowlegeable family. Enjoy your waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit time
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #18

I have a copy of the plumbing blueprints for the 36FL if anyone needs a copy just send me an email msg to coljdm60@gmail.com and I will reply to you with a copy of the prints. I installed the extra valve on my sewer boom, took me about 15 minutes, and now I have use of both grey tanks as well. Really need them with 2 Grand Girls and the dishwasher!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #19

Congrats!!!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by par
Sell house CHECK
Get truck CHECK
Order Trailer CHECK
Now we are in standby until delivery date.
We planed for two years, to full time. sold many house hold items. sold my bussiness. had the house on the market,(we are both retired now) but took the house off the market in Feb. we were afraid the house would sell and we would have to sit on the curb, waiting for our junk to be fixed. Still in the shop as I speak.

Lillyputz