Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #41
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

Steve, we agree with you. We'll be using the same cover as last year, the Skies over Fort Pierce, Florida. Leaving next week.

Where do youstaywhen your inFort Pierce, Florida? We will be touring around that part of the country next year and looking at good places to stay, hopefully we can neet up</span>
</span>
</span>
Dan</span>
</span>
</span>

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #42

We stay at Treasure Coast RV Resort, right off Route 70 between The Florida Parkway and I95. A smaller park, 260 Full Hookup sites. Large cement pads and 2 lane internal roads. We love it. The couple that run the park live on site in their 5th wheel and the others that work there are either Full Timers or Long Timers so they've all been on the receiving end of other Camp Grounds, so they treat you right.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #43
Dan

Quote:

We stay at Treasure Coast RV Resort, right off Route 70 between The Florida Parkway and I95. A smaller park, 260 Full Hookup sites. Large cement pads and 2 lane internal roads. We love it. The couple that run the park live on site in their 5th wheel and the others that work there are either Full Timers or Long Timers so they've all been on the receiving end of other Camp Grounds, so they treat you right.

I checked their web site out it looks like a nice park willdefinitelytry and stay there for some time!! Thanks for the info

Dan

Old 10-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #44

If anyone is coming down I95 there is a great new park on the north side of Jacksonville West of 95 about a mile there's a flee market right next to them the DW and I will be all over Fla in Jan and Feb we are picking up our 36RL Tuesday if all goes well she is out of rehab from her broken hip 15 days after replacement she is walking my butt off she's doing two miles a day now she lost her sight eleven years ago so I'm her guide dog ( woof woof where's the scotch )
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #45

The campground you mentioned is Flamingo Lake and it is great. Pecan Park is within a few miles of that campground and that park is great also. We have stayed at both. We live in Saint Augustine. There are a few campgrounds in Saint Augustine that are good but pricey as they are on/close to the beach, Pepper Tree, Ocean Grove, and Bryn Mawr. There is the Anastasia State Park which is right on the beach (electric and water and a dumping station) If you want something out by I95 there is the Indian Forrest and Stagecoach Parks. If you want more info since we live in Saint Augustine, regarding, restaurants, things to do, etc, drop us a note at coljdm60@gmail.com
Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #46

I work on Beech Aircraft and ayacued on the airport once but got the idea that I was not really welcome there
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #47

I like the idea of breaking the monotony of waxing with a few brewskys. We have one more trip planned this weekend in Branson. When I wax, I'll start at the top so as I consume more I'll be closer tosolid groundStill waiting on RW to ship my front jack system to Lifestyles RV for a leak repair. We have the 36RL with the slide- in - slide and enjoy being the "show and tell" of campgrounds
Old 10-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #48

All,

Completed our winterizing of our 38BR at Camping in Style in Whitby yesterday. What we did is slightly different than the Redwood Manual.... took us about an hour.

Obtain 4-6 gal of RV antifreeze
1. Open all taps and drain all tanks via valves below coach. Close all valves below coach and taps when done.
2. Trip pressure valve on hot water tank to release any pressure. Remove hot water tank drain plug/anode. Any wear on anode requires replacement or anode dissolves and drops into tank.
3. Remove and drain water filter assembly located in basement behind access door and re-install.
4. Close bypass valve immediate below water filter assembly (located behind wall in basement)
5. Switch water heater bypass valve in connection compartment
6. Extend syphon hose and insert in RV antifreeze
7. Turn on water pump to charge system... may take up to 1 gal to do this.
8. Purge City Water connection by pushing in screen with index finger (check valve on connector)
9. With coiled line attached (check valve on connector) Open hot then cold tap to purge outdoor shower station
10. Use Shower Station hose to flush Black Water Back flush connection... no check valve here... be careful when you disconnect hose or you will get wet.
11. Open hot then cold tap in kitchen sink until antifreeze flows... run long enough to fill trap too.
12. Open hot then cold tap in bathroom sink until antifreeze flows... run long enough to fill trap too.
13. Run toilet until antifreeze flows... make sure there is antifreeze left in the bowl. This keeps the valve lubricated.
14. Remove shower head and pull shower head hose thru wall thimble so you don't get A/F all over shower stall. Open hot then cold tap until antifreeze flows... run long enough to fill trap too.
15. Ice Maker - I don't have an ice maker... those that do will need to figure that out.
16. Dishwasher - open cabinet above dishwasher... start wash cycle... A/F can be seen in plastic supply line above dishwasher. After several seconds, turn the dishwasher off. The vacuum pump in the dishwasher will pump out most of the contents.
Washer - follow the instructions at http://www.splendide.com/WD2_AW122_Winterize</span></span>.pdf
or we did the following:
17. Turn off hot and cold supply taps. Start a cold water washer cycle... open cold supply tap. RV A/F will be visible thru the plastic supply elbow. Run for several seconds... Pause washer and close cold supply tap. Start a hot water washer cycle... open hot supply tap. RV A/F will be visible thru plastic supply elbow. Pause washer and open cold supply tap. Set machine for spin cycle to drain RV A/F from the drum. Unplug unit, ensure both supply taps are open.
18. Switch bypass in Utility Stn to normal to pump some RV A/F into the hot water tank.
19. Shut off water pump.
20. Keep Grey and Black Water valves closed... RV A/F keeps the valves lubricated.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #49
Site Team

Thanks for posting the process. I plan to copy and print it off as this process is somewhat different than our previous coach.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #50

Brad: Nice job. Thanks for the detail on this. I started reading the Redwood-provided info on winterizing, but was freezing standing next to that basement door. Ha Ha! Now, I'll just bring the iPad out there & follow your posting...Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #51
Dan

Thanks Brad nice job looks like you didn't miss a thing

Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Quote:

Steve, we agree with you. We'll be using the same cover as last year, the Skies over Fort Pierce, Florida. Leaving next week.

Where do youstaywhen your inFort Pierce, Florida? We will be touring around that part of the country next year and looking at good places to stay, hopefully we can neet up</span>
</span>
</span>
Dan</span>
</span>
</span>
Thanks Dan
Old 10-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #53
Site Team

Has anyone winterized the ice maker? If so how did you do it?

Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #54

<h3 style="color: rgb153, 0, 255; font-family: 'Century Gothic', Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 14pt; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 255, 204; ">Winterizing Ice Maker (Dometic)</h3><ul style="list-style-: http://texasrvtravel.com/_themes/tex.../blubul1a.gif; color: rgb0, 51, 102; font-family: 'Century Gothic', Arial, Helvetica; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 255, 204; ">[*]Shut off water supply valve to ice maker.[*]Place a shallow pan under water solenoid valve.[*]Remove inlet fitting to ice maker water solenoid valve.[*]Drain water from the supply line.[*]Remove the plastic nut and water line from outlet side of water solenoid valve.[*]Drain water from the line.[*]Cycle ice maker several times while blowing compressed air (up to 40 psi) through water solenoid valve.[*]Be sure all water is out of the solenoid.[*]Reconnect and tighten lines on water solenoid valve.[*]Leave the water supply turned off until temperatures are above 32°F/0°C.[*]Dry out ice maker mold assembly with soft cloth.[*]Place bail arm in UP/OFF position.[/list]<h3 style="color: rgb153, 0, 255; font-family: 'Century Gothic', Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 14pt; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 255, 204; ">Winterizing Washer and Dryer Combo (Dometic)</h3><ul style="list-style-: http://texasrvtravel.com/_themes/tex.../blubul1a.gif; color: rgb0, 51, 102; font-family: 'Century Gothic', Arial, Helvetica; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 255, 204; ">[*]Set the water temperature control to warm - this will fill both the cold and the hot lines with antifreeze.[*]Turn on the unit and run about a gallon of antifreeze into the unit.[*]Turn the control to spin - this will allow the pump to run the antifreeze through itself and then through the drain hose.[*]Pour a cup down the drain to be sure that the P-trap is filled with antifreeze.[/list]
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #55
Site Team

Thanks Steve!