Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #1

No water in fridge, water spitting from kitchen sink

I have a brand new 2017 3921GK. This is our first trip and we don't have any water to the fridge, and the water coming from the sink is very spotty and almost sounds like there is a ton of air behind it. We called our dealer, and we are awaiting a call back. Just wondered if there is anything we don't know about that should be turned on. Water pump is on....thanks in advance!
Ashley
Ashjack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #2

There is two valves under your sink one is for the fridge and the other is for the dish washer i think are they turned on?Is your your valves in the basement turned on and do you have water?

Dale & Tracey
Dogs; Ringa & Callie
2015 38RL
2012 Dodge Limited
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:10 PM   #3

When traveling, our kitchen faucet turns around and drips water all over the kitchen table. Has anyone here had that problem? We own a brand new (as of April 10, 2017) RW38GK16. We've owned many RVs for over 45 years and haven't had this issue. We have the water pump turned off, BTW.
NewRW Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:16 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRW Owner View Post
When traveling, our kitchen faucet turns around and drips water all over the kitchen table. Has anyone here had that problem? We own a brand new (as of April 10, 2017) RW38GK16. We've owned many RVs for over 45 years and haven't had this issue. We have the water pump turned off, BTW.
Tighten up the nut at the base of the faucet!

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:27 AM   #5

Our fridge dripped pink anti freeze for over a year every time we moved. I finally ordered some filters, turned on the water and let it run and make ice. Got it cleaned out, turned off the valve and now it drips water when we move. Someday all the water will get out of it. I did put a drain in line under the slide. Every time I open it, out comes about 4-5 ounces.

Rick
Old 05-16-2017, 09:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Ours did the same thing, now we just place a ziplock bag over the faucet and if it turns and drips, it drips in the bag. The factory service guys told us to use some Blue Painters Tape on the bottom of the faucet to keep it from turning while on the road. (I guess that's how the units are transported from the factory)
I have also tightened the set screw some, but the faucet just likes to move over the table while on the road... Good Luck!!
Old 05-23-2017, 01:49 AM   #7

I have the same problem with it spilling water. I can't figure it out, but I got sort of a stiff bungie type thing, and clamped the faucet handle to itself. I'll update you, as mine is at the shop right now getting all those above items fixed.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:50 AM   #8

I'm not sure, I couldn't check again when we were on that particular trip, but we are going out again this weekend. The unit has been back at the dealer getting all those first trip things fixed. We had a cabling issue, broken day/night shade, door in the closet that wouldn't close and the "no water issue". I am hoping it's something as simple as a valve. I had water and water pressure everywhere else, but the fridge wasn't getting water?
Old 05-23-2017, 01:52 AM   #9

Quote:
I didn't quote this earlier, but I have the handle "bunjee'd" to the faucet. It's basically like a giant twisty-tie thing so it's soft and won't scratch anything. I feel like the handle just works itself loose when we're traveling. I'll let you know if it solved my problem, as it's at the dealer getting some repairs. We are going out again this weekend.