Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2018, 07:24 PM   #1

No Power to Microwave

The Microwave/convection oven lost power this morning. Breaker is ok (at least it did not trip). I cycled all the breakers just to make sure. The bathroom GFCI is ok.

No power to the outlet above the microwave where it plugs in. The fireplace also is sans power! Both have breakers that appear to be ok.
Is there more than one GFCI? If so. I can't find it.

The microwave worked ok yesterday and nothing has been done to the RW. No movement, no power cycling, no lightning, maybe a gremlin or two?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #2

fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW Cal View Post
The Microwave/convection oven lost power this morning. Breaker is ok (at least it did not trip). I cycled all the breakers just to make sure. The bathroom GFCI is ok.

No power to the outlet above the microwave where it plugs in. The fireplace also is sans power! Both have breakers that appear to be ok.
Is there more than one GFCI? If so. I can't find it.

The microwave worked ok yesterday and nothing has been done to the RW. No movement, no power cycling, no lightning, maybe a gremlin or two?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

When the interior of the RW started heating up like the A/C was also starting to crap out, I went outside and cycled the 50 amp 220v breaker. Bingo! 1/2 the breaker must have been intermittent and I was loosing half my 220.
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #3

Most likely just need to reset one of the GFCI outlets. Try them all since RW does some strange wiring. If that doesn't work most of the slides have a plastic plug end that connects to one another. Those can easily loosen up. Unplug and plug in again and push hard.

I hope you don't have 220 volt??? RV's are wired different and have 2- 110 lines coming in if memory is correct.

Steve
Old 06-25-2018, 10:34 PM   #4

Might pull the GFCI plug, mine had arced, from DWs hair dryer I suspect, & burnt the load side loose, still had power to it but nothing out of it & wasn't tripped.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:45 AM   #5

I'm pretty sure the microwave is NOT on the GFCI circuit. You have a '15 which should be very similar to our '13. There are 3 separate electrical circuits in the street side kitchen slide, the fireplace, microwave, and the fridge. Also on the fridge are the outlet by the stove, inside the pantry, and the outlets in the entertainment center. I have a suggestion based on experience after you've finished your basic checks, send me a pm if you're interested.

Jim

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote