Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2014, 03:28 AM   #1

New flooring choices

We are thinking about replacing our carpet in the living room. Maybe wood laminate

Has anyone done anything like this?
ichabod123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:19 AM   #2

Ordered ours w/o carpet, but still has it on chair slide. They said it had to be on slide due to it not being totally flat at seam. Also if you do go with wood or whatever you should get some "Slide Slickers", sold at most camping suppliers, as the slides when will scratch the flooring, the service center gave us a set for that very problem. Love not having carpet!!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #3

We chose not to have carpet in the living area of our 36RL. I'm interested in hearing more about the "Slide Slickers". So far, over two years, we haven't had a problem with the slides scratching the floor but can see where the edge sits while traveling and the bumping up and down is beginning to show. We have placed small thin rugs in strategic places to help prevent the damage whick has helped.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:05 AM   #4

We ordered our 39RL with no carpet except the stairs and of course, where the chairs are. Going to have vinyl plank throughout when it gets here in a few weeks. Redwood insisted they put their lino on the kitchen slide. We're going over top that.
We've got this in our kitchen at home and it's survived the 120 lb dog no problem. Still looks new. 2 years old
It's made by Laurention. If installed right, is waterproof. Some type of "post it notes" like glue. If you wreck a plank, you can lift it out and put a new one in.
Something important to think about here..... we didn't think of weight till long after we ordered. Figure on around 750lbs for our unit.(around 350 square feet)
Good luck on your choice. Happy travelling
Don and Judith
Don and Judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:27 AM   #5

Slide Slickers come package of 2 & are plastic strips with non-skid foam on the back & designed to hook into the slide gap & extend about 2-2.5'x6" into coach so that slide glides/rollers run onto them, may have to trim length. No marks now except on slickers, stored away when not in use.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #6

When you ordered yours without carpet, is it the square tiles like in the kitchen or is it a wood floor?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #7

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm hoping just wood. We had to repeatedly tell them no lino in the kitchen. I'm also going to look into these "Slide Slickers". They sound like a good item to have.
Don and Judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #8

They will work over carpet as well to help prevent some of those black streaks. Our flooring looks like 12" tiles, but are some kind of laminate, it's not linoleum. They only used this flooring in a few batches 'cause most people didn't like it, we think it looks great.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 03-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
They will work over carpet as well to help prevent some of those black streaks. Our flooring looks like 12" tiles, but are some kind of laminate, it's not linoleum. They only used this flooring in a few batches 'cause most people didn't like it, we think it looks great.
One of the reasons we chose our 31sl off the lot was because it was one with the plush carpet and tile floors. We thought it was a step above the rest. It is a very expensive high quality tile. I'm very disappointed to see the newer models going back to the lino. We also have the Quartz countertops that have brought many "Wow's" from people wanting to see the inside. That is no longer offered. In Redwood's defense, they have made some great upgrades since mine was built. They are trying to keep ahead of the competition.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #10

Ordering a couple sets of these since our carpet is getting tracks and indentations...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031NFUHQ/...l_9izt0tcr5p_b
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #11

That's exactly what I was referring to back a few posts.Thanks putting that up.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 03-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #12

We are trying to upgrade our 2012 dining table to the buffet style in the 2014's. Contacted RW and were told to go through our dealer (Explore USA). Did that and they do not want to sell furniture. Does anyone have a contact person at RW that could maybe help.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #13

We were given a set of slide slickers while at the Service Center last September. They store easily and work great.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
We are trying to upgrade our 2012 dining table to the buffet style in the 2014's. Contacted RW and were told to go through our dealer (Explore USA). Did that and they do not want to sell furniture. Does anyone have a contact person at RW that could maybe help.
I would just try a different Dealer if you can.

For some reason there huge disconnect between Indiana and the rest of the world. Every part ever made for an RV is manufactured there, yet as a consumer, they are untouchable. No online, no direct sale, nothing. They sometimes won't even talk to you. I tried to deal with Nappanee window and door once for cabinet doors and they won't sell you anything. We are trying to get an end table for between our recliners, and I'm pretty much forced to go through the Dealer.

In defense of Explore USA - We tried to change our bedroom décor to a different version. Keep in mind there were only 4 at the time. We took over 4 separate deliveries from Redwood, and it never was completely filled. We have a closet full of the wrong stuff. Explore USA tried and even had us on conference with Redwood, but their catalog system leaves a lot to be desired. We were down to pictures and websites. We paid for the first order, and the costs are actually reasonable, but I'm sure Explore USA ate the rest and Redwood never wanted the wrong orders back. If I ran a Dealership, I would probably have a similar answer just based on how archaic the industry is.

- end of vent -
Old 03-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #15

We have put different dining tables, end tables, and chairs in the different units we've had. Haven't bought any from dealer. We look around the regular furniture stores and find one that fits color and style wise and is something we like.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #16

Probably tough to find the built in buffet table at a furniture store. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that except in RVs.

Ironically after we saw it in the new models, we too were thinking up updating ours. Its kind of an unfinished corner without it. (I notice Keystone puts a wood wainscot in that slide to break it up a bit).
Old 03-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #17

I don't mind the carpet and have just ordered a turbo head for the central vacuum. If I were to order a new unit I would order without carpet except for maybe on the stairs. Just like the looks of some of the new wood products.
arcticman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #18

We replaced the built in table with a free standing table from furniture store. More versatile and easier to sit around.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:06 AM   #19

How did this work out. Pictures?
Old 03-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #20

Sorry. The couple doing the final plan king, how did that work out