Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #1

New Cabinet Doors for Dishwasher Installation

Hi everyone, we are new to the forum and I have a question about installing a dishwasher in a 2013 36RE. I need information on how to buy new cabinet doors for under the sink. We seen a new 2015 with the dishwasher installed at the factory and the cabinet doors were short and only covered the upper compartment under the sink in the island. I called the factory to get a part number to give the dealer to be able to order them, but never get a call back from them with the information. Has anyone out there ordered the new doors and installed a dishwasher in their RV? I believe we have the Rustic Cherry cabinets. Thanks.
Geo9350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #2

The factory is pretty much on holiday shutdown so you may not get a quick answer until January sometime.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Another option you have is installing it on the table side of the island if that is where you want to put it .i have seen this in Dynasty suites if memory serves me. That way your doors could stay
Old 01-07-2015, 08:05 PM   #4

Call Middlebury Wood Products they make all the doors
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:31 PM   #5

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies. I got thru to the factory and got the information I needed. First I will say if you are going to use these numbers I give you it is for the 2013 decor in Rustic Cherry cabinets. Here are the following part numbers given.

2ea Part #232006 Cabinet Doors
2ea Part #219834 Pulls
4ea Part #222665 Hinges
1ea Part #226445 Water adapter

I didn't order the Pulls and Hinges, I will just reuse the ones from the old doors. As for the Water adapter, my RV was per-plumed for the dishwasher so there was a connection for it with a turn off valve already.

I hope this helps anyone that needs this information.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:07 AM   #6

Well here is an update. I put the short doors on in place of the long ones, ordered the Fisher & Paykel DD24SCB7 and installed it. Put water and power to it and guess what, I got an error message E4 which is the heating element not working. So took the unit 128 miles to Flagstaff to the appliance repair facility authorized by Fisher Paykel, they had it couple weeks and was told by the manufacture the circuit board could not be shipped till July. So called the company I bought it from and complained and they shipped me another unit. Got it and put it in, guess what after this second unit ran thru the first cycle it came up with the same error message. So the company is taking them both back now. Talked to the appliance repair and they said that since Fisher Paykel sold the company they are being made in Taiwan now and are a piece of junk. Guess I will try the Vesta Splindide Dishwasher next. The only thing about them as I can only find it in stainless steel front and the handle sticks out to catch your leg as you walk by. Are there any other dishwashers out there that will work in a RV?
Old 06-24-2015, 05:40 PM   #7

I just purchased a dishwasher drawer a Fisher lets hope it's ok. and no problems. Steve called and asked about cabinets as he took your (Geo9350's) numbers you posted. Redwood said we couldn't order them direct we have to find a dealer...if we had a dealer close by we wouldn't have waited 3 months for our Redwood to be fixed
disappointed
Old 06-25-2015, 05:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
I just purchased a dishwasher drawer a Fisher lets hope it's ok. and no problems. Steve called and asked about cabinets as he took your (Geo9350's) numbers you posted. Redwood said we couldn't order them direct we have to find a dealer...if we had a dealer close by we wouldn't have waited 3 months for our Redwood to be fixed
disappointed
Our F-P dishwasher has been trouble free. I had the RW dealer purchase and install the unit along with the two short doors this past Feb.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #9

Here is the latest update. I had the second Fisher & Paykel DD24SCB7 repaired and I installed it. So far it is working great, but the repair place warned me about running it/having it plugged in while running the generator that is installed up front. They believe that the generator is what smoked the dishdrawer. Something about the wave sign of the generator isn't smooth enough for electronics. So far, so good, it cleans the dishes great. Char & Steve I did go thru the factory to buy the doors, they gave me the same song and dance when I first called. I think remembering trying to go thru the nearest dealer to me but just got the run around. I may have contacted another dealer and had them ordered. They shipped the doors directly to me. I bought a bit the right size to cut the holes in the doors for the hinges. You will need a drill press to cut the holes, using a hand drill will not work. If I remember right it was a 1 3/8" Forstner Bit. To cut a hole that size it is important to be able to hold the cutting device and wood without movement.