Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #21

Face it, salesmen are just that, "salesmen". They know nothing about service except the phrase, "We have the best service facility in the world and are rated number one with our customers". Their purpose is to sell and make money, period. Once you buy, it is of no concern to them what repairs are needed. That falls into the category of "service", which represents the most profitable part of their business. Getting you to come in, even if they have to "give" you the extended warranty", means big bucks on fixing known problems, finding unknown or nonexistent problems, and adding 50 to 100% markup on camping items. Salesmen have always been and continue to be money and self motivated, period.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #22

They are survivors of the the long gone Carney trade. But some slip through and turn out to be good people. Our salesman is a camper and knows the ropes. But is stuck in the system for a livelyhood. He has bent over backwards for us. Thanks Frank!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklion

Face it, salesmen are just that, "salesmen". They know nothing about service except the phrase, "We have the best service facility in the world and are rated number one with our customers". Their purpose is to sell and make money, period. Once you buy, it is of no concern to them what repairs are needed. That falls into the category of "service", which represents the most profitable part of their business. Getting you to come in, even if they have to "give" you the extended warranty", means big bucks on fixing known problems, finding unknown or nonexistent problems, and adding 50 to 100% markup on camping items. Salesmen have always been and continue to be money and self motivated, period.
We never had a problem with our salesman. It was the dealerservice department and management, from service checking in the unit to no PDI or Quality control check.hell the dam thingwas not even detailed, when we got there for our walk through,after we were told, the week before it was in the shop, being checked out and if anything was not right it would be taken care of and ready to go,when we got there for our walk through. This unitended upin the shop for 59 days, for repairs and replacement parts. Then,the factory had itfor appox. three more weeks for repairs and painting. Still have some items to be taken care of this winter. The vast majority of all this repairs and replacement items, should have been caught, if"Windish Rv" had bothered to inspect this unit. Granted, it should have never left the facory with out QC.Windish Rv,What a joke.
I have to say, Redwood, so far,has taken care of any and all problems. fromrepairs and replacement items to repainting.No oneshould have to go through this. Not even on a $10,000 unit.

Lillyputz

Lillyputz
Old 09-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #24

Lilltputz,
What model RW do you have and do you have full paint.Also could you elaborate on the other problems.You could have had a new rig built in that time.I wonder if rvs are covered under your home states lemon laws.That could be a good cause for us all to get involved in,especially with what we spend nationwide as a group.Hope you get all squared away.We are awaiting delivery of our RW 40KB next week and believe me I will be scrutinizing it prior to delivery.
CampingCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #25
Site Team

NEW UPDATE

Thesalesman emailedme stating that he was sending me a check for the costs of both the batteries and the cablesthat I had to buy. He was also apologetic for the inconvenience this had caused me. Although I thought my head was going to explode when I found the battery issue, this does speak volumes toward "Lifestyle RV" for correcting this problem.

I guess my wife is right when she says I'm getting old and grumpy as well as a little quick on passing judgment on a mistake.

mmmm...take a deep breath and count to 100 mmmmm Now if I could control that idiot driving in front of me.........JUST KIDDING FOLKS

Old 09-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax
I sent an e-mail of the 10 items that "popped up" while on our month long vacation last night and Dan from Camping In Style called me today. We are going to set a date after Cdn Thanksgiving and the Fall RV Show to fix all our issues and he is going to winterize for me this year while the BR is in the shop. I want to make sure my washer and dishwasher are properly winterized. He also told me to go and get another unit to replace the RCA one and I will get a credit from RW,

I'm a Happy Camper so far... Dave leave you "piece" at home and come on up for a visit!

Brad,

next year I do want to take my wife to Canada even though I've got to leave my guns at home. Up there I probably wouldn't need the guns anyway
Old 09-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Redwood has tried to reinvent the 5th wheel with new ideas.....maybe they should let us buy from them direct and eliminate some of the problem.

DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

Hey Dave
How was your trip to Maine?
We had to put off our trip to Maine until next year. We just hired a few new employees and sold another franchise. So with all the new things going on in the business we decided to stay close to home just in case we had to run back to the office. So instead of Maine we went on a 2 week camping trip throughout the state parks of Illinois which we're on right now. We started out today by the Illinois/Wisconsin border along the Mississippi River and will follow the river all the way down to the tip of Illinois staying at state parks. Our final days will be in the "Shawnee National Forrest" area.

This is still a beautiful trip but not as glamorous as Maine. As I tell everyone "my business supports my habit of the RV". I guess I have to give into the business sometimes and have fun later.

Now after traveling along the Mississippi River and seeing the beauty of the falls colors.....I think I need to figure out how to build a 60 ft pontoon boat to put my Redwood on. Sort of like the modern day "Huck Finn".

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 09-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #28

Dave,
On your trip to Maine next year, just a quick turn east and you will be in New Brunswick... a little south of that and welcome to Nova Scotia.

Lobster seasons swing from Maine to Nova Scotia over the summer so you are never low on seafood!

We bought 10 1.5 lb hard shell lobsters for $30 in New Brunswick this summer.... amazing!

Old 09-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #29

I'm tagging along a 14.5 ft deep V lund with a 25 Honda 4 stroke behind our 36 RE. You have to plan the fuel stops as you just don't want to have to back-up. Guns are for hunting you have to use your hands for people it's more personal.........now I'm kidding. Hope you make it to Maine I would love to go sometime soon. Glad to here your dealer made good for you..

Rick and Kerry

Hoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax
Dave,
On your trip to Maine next year, just a quick turn east and you will be in New Brunswick... a little south of that and welcome to Nova Scotia.

Lobster seasons swing from Maine to Nova Scotia over the summer so you are never low on seafood!

We bought 10 1.5 lb hard shell lobsters for $30 in New Brunswick this summer.... amazing!

WOW! That sounds wonderful
Old 03-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #31

I got two batteries, but I was checking to see if I needed water to find both are maintenance free.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #32

Do you mean Gel?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #33

Jesus is still at work in all of us.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #34

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Mr 219 Welder...Take a look at the order form whether you ordered or not to tht dealer and show them the optional 40# tank option and then have them explain why they won't fit and ask for 2 new ones ehen they say Well Uh Well Uh we will check into this..That was one of their lines of BS,
Edited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #35

All your batteres Should match Brand for Brand size for size (in other words identical batteries) and preferably 29's...If the say they only carry 24's tell them they have plenty of time or that you will allow them plenty of time to call their suppliers and get what you want!......
Edited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
Old 03-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #36

Good Afternoon Lillyputz,

My wife and I were wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing a little information regards Windish RV in Lakewood. I have spoken to them on a few occasions in planning our purchase of the 36fl. I may be "reading between the lines" here but sounds like your dealings with them could have gone better. As service after the sell in likely to be more important to us then the purchase, I want to know if we can count on them. Any thoughts you may have would be welcomed especially before we place the order. We can take the conversation offline if you would like to contact us directly via our email address which is in the user directory.
JellyStonePark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #37

Lillyputz - is yours at Windish? I had no idea. is it a black and burgundy with a Travler antenna on the roof?

Jellystone - if you are looking for price, I can give you a name in Texas. Windish couldn't meet it.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #38

JellyStonePark

The dealer that Atom Ant is offering is a really good dealer and they will make you a great deal and don't forget to tell them Brad (Atom Ant from Colorodo recommended you)
RW36FB