Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2020, 12:52 AM   #1

Need help in Ft Worth

Hello everyone,
I have a 2017 Sequoia
Since we tried to drive it off the dealership lot, we have had nothing but problems with the brakes.
It has less than 3000 miles on it, and now it needs a total brake replacement for the 2nd time to a tune of $1300.
I am wondering where I can get disc brakes installed on it close to South ft worth TX. Also has anyone else had them put on near here and what was the cost.
We love everything else about our rig, but are very tire of pulling a 14,000 lb bullet. The brakes on my Chevy 2500 were smoked the last time we pulled it, due to an emergency stop on the highway, and now I am looking at a total replacement for that as well.
Any information on a place to have this work done around here would be greatly appreciated.
We would like to have this done before Easter.
Thank you
Steve Rees
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 Durimax Diesel/w. Allison transmission
Pullrite Slider Hitch
steve & darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:19 AM   #2

Contact Performance Trailer Braking through their website or possibly someone here has a phone number. They do excellent work adding Titan disc brakes & will come to you, they did mine in an Arizona RV park where we were workkamping.
At the time it was $1700 for all parts & $1000 labor, but that was 4 years ago so don't know for sure now.
Best upgrade for the money I did to mine! Second was upgrading to Sailun 17.5" H rated tires & wheels at the same time as brakes.
BTW, we retired from North Ft Worth in Haslet.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #3
Site Team

You will be amazed at the braking ability of disc brakes vs the electric brakes. I would not be without them. I installed brakes from Perfomance Braking and love them.

Here is the link. https://performancetrailerbraking.com/
Old 01-29-2020, 03:09 AM   #4

brakes

will agree 100% titan is great. also the after service is fantastic. we thought we had a problem last year, called on a sunday and they called back and helped trouble shoot. they found the problem that i blew a fuse on the truck.
also you might have a problem where your truck trailer braking some times does like the trailer brake system. talk to titan they know about the relay that is needed on some GMs.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve & darlene View Post
Hello everyone,
I have a 2017 Sequoia
Since we tried to drive it off the dealership lot, we have had nothing but problems with the brakes.
It has less than 3000 miles on it, and now it needs a total brake replacement for the 2nd time to a tune of $1300.
I am wondering where I can get disc brakes installed on it close to South ft worth TX. Also has anyone else had them put on near here and what was the cost.
We love everything else about our rig, but are very tire of pulling a 14,000 lb bullet. The brakes on my Chevy 2500 were smoked the last time we pulled it, due to an emergency stop on the highway, and now I am looking at a total replacement for that as well.
Any information on a place to have this work done around here would be greatly appreciated.
We would like to have this done before Easter.
Thank you
Steve Rees
Thanks for your help, we have decided to go with discs brakes from Performance Trailer Braking.
Cost for parts
ts $2100 and installed in my driveway for $1000.
Heard nothing but great reviews,. So we bit the bullet and went for it.
Will let everyone know how it turns out.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 Durimax Diesel/w. Allison transmission
Pullrite Slider Hitch
steve & darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:03 PM   #6

Contact Michael @ 405-626-7009 Performance Trailer Braking

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #7

You will never be sorry you did it. My Titans from PTB never need adjusting, jjust set them and forget them, until you need to have an emergency stop. You will remember them.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:50 AM   #8

The Disc Brake upgrade is one of the best upgrades we did to our Redwood. Really pays off in stop and go city driving when people cut in front of you. Our Truck and Trailer Combo with the Disc Brake almost stops better than the truck with no trailer connected during a panic stop.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:12 AM   #9
Site Team

We did MorRyde IS and Disc brakes over 7 years ago and more than 45,000 trouble free and great stopping miles. Best $$$ spent