Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2018, 04:40 AM   #41

Called the dealer that ordered our 340rl to see if we could get the IS added to our build...he put a call in to the builder of the coach and stated the IS would have to be an aftermarket purchase and could not be added to the build...
Striper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striper05 View Post
Our 340RL that is being built will have the upgraded 8k axels and disc brakes. My question is my coach will have MORryde LRE/4100 suspension system included. Is this the suspension I should get or is there an ungraded version to this? Also,
What is the cost of the IS system?
Thanks
I have the 4000 in my RL38 now, we picked it up used so there wasn't any choice . If I planed on towing more then a few hundred miles a year then keep the factory buggy springs with RE4000 trungions. If your doing 1000~3000 miles a year then maybe and plan long trips in the future just get standard spring and plan to GET IS soon. Disk brakes, get that option from NEW you will not regret it.

We are putting IS and disk brakes in ours in the spring, as long as my wife Ok the trip out. She wants me to have a wing man for the ride. She will not have vacation time for the ride out. I have done the 17.5" tires and wheels already.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #43

We are here in Elkhart IN right now getting the 8k IS suspension installed along with disc brakes and 17.5 wheels/tires. Also upgrading the bearings to timkens per suggestions on this site.

Turned out though that we were 4in difference between front and rear when it comes to distance measured from frame to ground. The measure on the front is 4in higher.

As for the roof height, we are currently 13ft 6in on the front and 13ft 5in towards the rear.

This was all measured by the morryde guy.

There is really no adjustments that can be made except he will raise the rear 2in to try and decrease the difference when it comes to "frame to ground" distance. The hitch could be lowered one hole and we would gain an inch but I really don't want to do that because I don't want to flirt with having issues with the pin box scraping the bed rails with tight turns.

As for the roof height, the morryde guy told me that even though he is raising 2in on the frame (in the rear), that doesn't mean that the rear roof will raise 2 in also. Hopefully, the rear roof ends up at 13ft 6in just like the front.

Having said all that, we are thrilled that this is getting done.

We won't be perfectly level but probably better off than we were. Also, now that we have the 8k system, since we are a bit nose high, the rear 8k suspension will be able to handle the slight extra load better than my existing 7k axles.

Mike
Mike&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #44

Mike,

I had that same concern when mine was being installed.... They added a sub frame that was about 2-1/2" in height.. Once done I was at 13'4-1/2" at my highest point, which is the front AC unit.

The sub frame added very little to the front measurements..

Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:31 AM   #45

Recommend Columbos....Italian place really close to the factory. I was just there about a month ago have IS put on my Rushmore.....the trains were a real pain....
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:59 PM   #46

I know this is an old post, but hope you are still around. What was the price (installed) for your gen set? We will be having IS and discs installed in Sept 2019, and I have been considering a generator.
Don S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #47

Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don S View Post
I know this is an old post, but hope you are still around. What was the price (installed) for your gen set? We will be having IS and discs installed in Sept 2019, and I have been considering a generator.
Redwood had a 5500kw propane generator option in our build for $4995.
Striper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:27 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striper05 View Post
Redwood had a 5500kw propane generator option in our build for $4995.

Tiara installed my 6500 for around $6000...

I decided on the 6500 after a lengthly call with Onan of Indiana,,, They said I would NOT have to worry about power use with that one, some could have that issue on the 5500..
Old 01-26-2019, 11:34 PM   #49

Joe

I bet fully loaded it really sucks down the propane tanks quick!!

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:30 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
Joe

I bet fully loaded it really sucks down the propane tanks quick!!
It does... my last calculations were from the Richmond NASCAR race September 2016.. was close to 100 degrees Friday and Saturday..

Arrived noon on Friday, left 6AM Sunday.

used 6 of the 40# bottles running both AC's all weekend ..

BUT.....I knew that going into it... The ease of just pressing a button and not carrying 15 gallons of gas and my 2 Honda 2000's is priceless..
Old 01-27-2019, 02:30 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Pam View Post
We are here in Elkhart IN right now getting the 8k IS suspension installed along with disc brakes and 17.5 wheels/tires. Also upgrading the bearings to timkens per suggestions on this site.

Turned out though that we were 4in difference between front and rear when it comes to distance measured from frame to ground. The measure on the front is 4in higher.

As for the roof height, we are currently 13ft 6in on the front and 13ft 5in towards the rear.

This was all measured by the morryde guy.

There is really no adjustments that can be made except he will raise the rear 2in to try and decrease the difference when it comes to "frame to ground" distance. The hitch could be lowered one hole and we would gain an inch but I really don't want to do that because I don't want to flirt with having issues with the pin box scraping the bed rails with tight turns.

As for the roof height, the morryde guy told me that even though he is raising 2in on the frame (in the rear), that doesn't mean that the rear roof will raise 2 in also. Hopefully, the rear roof ends up at 13ft 6in just like the front.

Having said all that, we are thrilled that this is getting done.

We won't be perfectly level but probably better off than we were. Also, now that we have the 8k system, since we are a bit nose high, the rear 8k suspension will be able to handle the slight extra load better than my existing 7k axles.

Mike
We had the IS system, 8 K + disc brakes and Timken bearings installed last March and are very pleased. The overall increase in height caused some minor problems with the leveling jacks until I lowered them. I highly recommend this system!
C&S.Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #52

Does adding the IS to the Redwood improve the ride in the tow vehicle also? Just wondering.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:50 PM   #53
Site Team

Short answer is yes. There will be less Chucking as the coach itself rides smoother. However, in my opinion, you still need Airbags and an onboard compressor if you want to control the ride. Note that with a Dually you don't need the bags for weight, just suspension travel and control
Old 01-27-2019, 11:23 PM   #54

It makes the ride so much better...You will glide over bridge entrances... Those pesky concrete grooves will not be felt. Just wait till the first set of train tracks .. I noticed all that on my 1st ride home with the IS...

I member thought I was loco... Met up with him at the NSACAR race in TN and he crawled under the R and checked it all out.... Went back and dropped his plea with his wife.

Once He had it installed, he thanked me after . He said the ride was vastly improved.