Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2018, 11:57 PM   #1

Morryde IS Suspension!

I'd like to get some information from members who have the MORRYDE IS Suspension System with Disc Brakes on their RV's.

PROS, CONS, etc.

I have considered the SRE4000 and have read many good things about it. But, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and put the IS System on my 38RL.

All replies appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff
camper94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:49 AM   #2

We had the IS installed last July just prior to the rally. Now that I have the IS, disc brakes, and Goodyear H rated tires, I am as certain as I can be that my undercarriage is as good and reliable as it can be. When I see people questioning the cost, I think of the peace of mind I have towing our coach all the way back across the country with no suspension, braking or tire problems.
Depending on where you are it's my understanding that the IS can be installed at their factory in Elkhart, IN, as well as Henderson's Line Up in Grants Pass, OR. Pick your more convenient location, but be aware that when I checked Henderson's, their price was significantly more than at MorRyde in Elkhart. Most of the people on here who have had the IS installed are very happy and peaceful easy feelin' campers.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #3

Had the MorRyde IS with Disc Brakes installed July 2016
Great investment in our Redwood

Pros.
1. Very solid, heavy duty suspension, a lot of wheel travel
2. Ride and handling is great, things do not move around in the trailer on the road
3. Running 17.5 Goodyear tires, very even tire wear
4. The stopping with the Disc Brakes is awesome.
5. MorRyde is able to correct height issues or concerns during installation.
6. You get a MorRyde T-Shirt

Cons.
1. It is quite an investment, the IS installation with Disc Brakes is not cheap by any means. If you travel a lot it is a good investment, if you are stationary a most of the time, it is probably not.
2. I asked up front to have the Titan Brake controller installed in place of their standard unit, no issue or extra cost. They ordered the Titan unit and had it on hand when I arrived (I think the Titan Brake controller unit is a better unit than their standard unit)
3. They do use as a standard a Chinese Wheel bearings but will install USA made Timken upon request.
4. You are locked into MorRyde as they custom manufacture the whole suspension so for any parts, repairs or adjustments you will have to go to MorRyde. (not a bad thing, MorRyde has been great to work with and very responsive)
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #4

Thanks for responding. I am a Morryde Fan! I know there quality is always FIRST RATE.

I plan to travel to Elkhart after our next trip in May this year. I am replacing the Current West Lake Tires end of the month with the much better SAILUN 17.5 H Tires.

I'm glad you mentioned the bearing issue, I will have them install the TIMKEN Bearing also. While this is a pricey decision, I am like most RVers, Peace of mind going down the road can't be matched.

I have already been in touch with Morryde and look forward to having the entire under carriage replaced with top quality gear.

Thanks for the reply.

Jeff
camper94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #5

I had the Morryde IS installed in June a year ago, and had Ron install his discs the fall befor that. While at Morryde, I had purchased Timken bearings myself and Morryde installed them while doing the job..
And I swapped out the stock Westlake tires with my NEW Goodyear 17.5 G114’s that had 600 miles on them at delivery of the trailer.
I have no issues, or worries about my running gear now !

Peace of mind = PRICELESS
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:57 PM   #6
Site Team

I will concur with everything said above and add that our coach now has more than 4 years and over 32k miles of troublefree and worry free towing since the conversion to IS and disc brakes. I will say, without reservations, that I would NEVER tow another big fifth wheel without both. Big investment, yes, peace of mind and reliability, unmatched. I also went with the Sailun H rated from Ron. Only have a little over 1 k on them but so far very happy and impressed.

One of the other things you will find after the IS install is that the coach doesn't move at all in a cross wind. I have towed ours in a 30-35 mph direct cross and it never moves more than an inch. Passing semis are no issue. Now that we also tow the car, the whole rig is rock steady, no sway, no wiggle, just goes down the road. When we left North Carolina a couple days ago it was 11 degree and windy. I was a little concerned as I wasn't sure what it would be like with double tow. Same as before , no drama, no problems.

And - as others have said, MorRyde is absolutely wonderful to deal with. Top line company and products and they stand behind them. We try and make it through their area once a year And schedule a maintenance and inspection stop while we're there.