Old 03-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #1

More Redwood Issues!!!!

Well here we go again, it just never ends with this RV.....for three years straight now. We have a 36FL and I must say it is without a doubt the most issue ridden RV we have ever owned, and we owned several RVs over the years. After months of haggling we finally got our front and rear faded caps painted and finally at last I was hoping we would have some peace with this RV. Now I see the sidewall below the living room slideouts is cracking. It just NEVER ends with terrible rig. We fulltime and as a result need our rig to stay in. Like I tell others who ask me about this trailer....don't buy one of these as I have had to become pretty much a full time RV technician to deal with ALL of the continuing issues with this thing...if I took it into the shop for repairs, and this is not stretching the truth, we would never be able to use the rig as it would be in the shop pretty much fulltime. What can I say, simply just a low quality piece of junk.
martaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #2

These stories are terrible to hear. I wish you all the best in trying to get things resolved. It can't be easy.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:58 PM   #3

I FEEL you pain... and unfortunately share it....
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #4

Sorry for your troubles... I am so glad they appear to have overcome those shortfalls on our 38FL... either that or our RW was built on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday....

We have full timed in ours since last November and only had several minor issues. We have a great RV dealer though as well...

Wish you the best.

B n D

His TV: 2014 RAM 3500 MC DRW 6.7 CTD AISIN
His RV: 2014 REDWOOD 38FL (House)
Her TV: 2013 RAM 1500 CC 5.7 Hemi
Her RV: 2010 VCross 20VFB (Camper)
Bill n Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #5

More Redwood Issues

MARTZ...our 36FL had/has some of the same issues. Along with blow-outs of all of the Marathon tires that came with the unit. And, additionally, refrig and ice maker problems. However, even with all the problems, we still love our Redwood. Debbie and I have owned RV's since 1998, and ALL seem to have issues of some sort. This is our first 5th Wheel. For two years we researched (both on-line and dealerships) just about everything on the market. If we were to go out and buy another 5th Wheel, it would a Redwood. I think half of the battle is having a good dealership. It's like purchasing a car. Before you buy they are willing to do just about anything to get your business; however, many act like they don't even know you if you have problems AFTER the sale. Redwood needs to make improvements...it's frustrating to have to upgrade items that came with the unit, and having to deal with the problems. Redwood is a fairly young company, and I do see improvements that they have made over the years...ie "G" load rated tires, residential refrig's, re-location of thermostat to bedroom, etc. Redwood appears to be trying to address some of the identified problems, and that's a good thing!
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:03 AM   #6

We have a 36FL we have not even pulled our rig out of the yard yet. It showed up in November and the same week we were on the phone trying to find someone local were (9 hours away from the dealer) dealing with warranty items when it isn't even a week old...long story short we thought everything was set to go this past week after almost 4 months. The blower went and it was finally just replaced Saturday. Steve started up the furnace after a bit we went in and it was vibrating so he's on the phone with the rv guy who put it in he says he'll be over Monday to check it out 15 minutes later it makes a big freaking bang and all you smell is burning plastic!!!!! Well there's a new furnace being ordered. At least the slides now go in and out the new door locks work I think...a new shower head faucet and valve, the awning now works the harness underneath wasn't secure and they said it was winterized and it was not even had the sticker on it that it was... and honestly I forget what else was wrong.............. all I want to do is take it out for a weekend someday

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:04 AM   #7

More Redwood Issues

Char...sorry you and Steve are having those issues. I can understand you being frustrated! It's too bad you are so far from the dealership. I think I would be frustrated enough to demand that they come to pick it up and solve the issues. They were suppose to complete a Post Delivery Inspection to ensure everything operated correctly on the unit...obviously that didn't happen!
Debbie and I have had our Redwood for nearly three years, and have lived in it full-time for almost two years. At least we have been able to enjoy it, although we had to put up with some of your same issues. I hope you are able to get every thing in working order soon so you can enjoy yours also...Lord knows you earned it! Good luck!
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Old 03-25-2015, 03:09 AM   #8

Wow, all those complaints fit within 16 posts.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:16 AM   #9

More Redwood Issues!!!!

What does it all mean? hmmmmm
Old 03-25-2015, 04:40 AM   #10

We have had our share of issues with our 38FL, mostly assembly items at Redwood.
As many have stated, Quality Control could be much better.
We have been fulltiming in our Redwood since July 2014 and it has had a number of issues that we have fixed ourselves and some the dealer has taken care of.
Overall we are pleased with our Redwood at this point, time will tell if we have turned the corner on our problems, so far it seems things are settling down.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote