Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2019, 04:03 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Sounds like you just got the "Luck of the Draw" and drew a major LEMON, but there are thousands of us who have next to no issues or very minor issues. Can happen with anything made by Man. Sorry for all your issues but Redwoods are no different than any of the other brands, Top of the line or Bottom of the line, seems it doesn't make a difference.
Wow...and I suppose you find that acceptable...how naive! "Sorry", when you've spent $80K, just doesn't cut it!
MtnGoat52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:12 PM   #62

I didn't say anything about being acceptable and even said I was sorry for your issues. But you have two choices: Fix it or take the hit and trade it. We had a Gulf Stream Conquest TT were got rid of because it was a total piece of Junk.
Follow any of the RV forums and you will find others just like yourself with tons of issues, yet there will be others with the same exact make and model without a single problem. No way to explain it other than the Monday or Friday built date and not even sure if that's real or not.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:48 PM   #63

I agree with Michelle, my *16* 38RL was totaled by a tree and I loved it so much that I am in a 2020 now... I have had many conversations with owners of DRV's that have had far more issues... its just the way things are...

My friend had a brand new DRV delivered to their site in Florida, first rain they were soaked inside... It can happen at any price point
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:16 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
We have had our share of issues with our 38FL, mostly assembly items at Redwood.
As many have stated, Quality Control could be much better.
We have been fulltiming in our Redwood since July 2014 and it has had a number of issues that we have fixed ourselves and some the dealer has taken care of.
Overall we are pleased with our Redwood at this point, time will tell if we have turned the corner on our problems, so far it seems things are settling down.
I bought our 2013 36RL new, so we had to spend a lot of time with it down & even took it back to the factory three times. The last time they brought a welder over from Lippert who re-welded all of the frame joints as many were broken. This must have been an ongoing problem as I had no indication of trouble, but they pulled open the bottom liner to check it. As you said (crossed fingers) hopefully it has settled down.

On a disconcerting note, although I haven't called the factory lately I tried to call them today (I have them on speed dial) & was told "this number has been disconnected." What's up with that?
Old 08-22-2019, 10:41 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by martaz View Post
Well here we go again, it just never ends with this RV.....for three years straight now. We have a 36FL and I must say it is without a doubt the most issue ridden RV we have ever owned, and we owned several RVs over the years. After months of haggling we finally got our front and rear faded caps painted and finally at last I was hoping we would have some peace with this RV. Now I see the sidewall below the living room slideouts is cracking. It just NEVER ends with terrible rig. We fulltime and as a result need our rig to stay in. Like I tell others who ask me about this trailer....don't buy one of these as I have had to become pretty much a full time RV technician to deal with ALL of the continuing issues with this thing...if I took it into the shop for repairs, and this is not stretching the truth, we would never be able to use the rig as it would be in the shop pretty much fulltime. What can I say, simply just a low quality piece of junk.
I am right there with we also have a 2017 3401RL and we've got you beat. As you said this rvis beyond garbage. Took ownership of it in February of 2018. Dealership has had it for minimum of 8 moths to date and it's going back in October for front A/C unit leaking water through the nose cap. The walls of the broom slide have pulled away from the framing outside and ripped the paint and trim all to heck. All screws on 2 slides were never in wood or metal. They went between the wood and frames. I can't list all the issues here there are too many. If we could trade this piece of cap in we would. Can't sell it out right as there is no way I could look anyone in the face and say it's a great rv. I feel your pain. Redwood is more like a redeem now. Thanks Keystone.
wekirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:26 AM   #66

We have a 2016, 38 RL . The only problem we have had to date was after the purchase and on the way home from Ohio, the first night while my wife was in the shower I saw a river flowing on the floor. Turns out the shower enclosure was never sealed, 1/4 inch gap at the bottom were it meets the fiberglass. Quickly and easily sealed, we have had Rvs from the mid 1980's, this is one of the best, most beautiful RV's we have. Would definitely purchase another without even a thought. Hope you get through all of your problems quickly so you can enjoy a really nice RV. Ours has full body paint, 3 AC's , king size bed, it really maintains temps, either cold or hot environments, upgrade 17.5 Goodyears. We love every uneventful trip that we take.
barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #67

So sorry to hear all the issues you have with your RW. I think we have all had issues with our RV's I know we have had our share over the last 20 years. We have had all types from tent trailers to diesel pusher. I don't think our RW had any more or less issues than others we have had. One thing is I am very pro active I walk around and inspect the Trailer and keep a list of items that need adjusted and repaired with every use. I have learned to be a RV tech over the last 20 years