Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 514
Has anyone been through this tunnel in there Redwood, just wondering if it's okay with the height and carrying propane? I'm 3.5 hours from my house to Gulf Shores, Alabama and haven't been pulling the RV.
__________________
2012 Ford F450 Lariat FX4 dually, 2013 Redwood 36FB Red and Black Painted
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Has anyone been through this tunnel in there Redwood, just wondering if it's okay with the height and carrying propane? I'm 3.5 hours from my house to Gulf Shores, Alabama and haven't been pulling the RV.
Yes I've been through that tunnel without a problem. As long as the tunnel has a height of 13.6 you will be ok. Don't worry about the propane because you don't carry enough to be considered hazardous. If you were you'd have to be placard like the big trucks.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Has anyone been through this tunnel in there Redwood, just wondering if it's okay with the height and carrying propane? I'm 3.5 hours from my house to Gulf Shores, Alabama and haven't been pulling the RV.
Yes I've been through that tunnel without a problem.* As long as the tunnel has a height of 13.6 you will be ok.* Don't worry about the propane because you don't carry enough to be considered hazardous.* If you were you'd have to be placard like the big trucks.
I started to send it to you, knowing you have traveled this route. lol
Thanks again Dave
__________________
2012 Ford F450 Lariat FX4 dually, 2013 Redwood 36FB Red and Black Painted
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,854
Don't know if its like this elsewhere in the country but if you get caught going through any of the tunnels in the Northeast, they'll take your truck and camper, throw away the keys and put you in solitary where even The Big Guy won't know where you are.
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,094
I actually don't think they require the LP off in the Colorado tunnels, at least it is not posted. Haz Mat trucks can't go through the Eisenhower and Johnson tunnels, but I've never been asked to shut off LP.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
Don't know if its like this elsewhere in the country but if you get caught going through any of the tunnels in the Northeast, they'll take your truck and camper, throw away the keys and put you in solitary where even The Big Guy won't know where you are.
I knew there was a reason I've never been to the Northeast.
__________________
2012 Ford F450 Lariat FX4 dually, 2013 Redwood 36FB Red and Black Painted
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
I actually don't think they require the LP off in the Colorado tunnels, at least it is not posted. Haz Mat trucks can't go through the Eisenhower and Johnson tunnels, but I've never been asked to shut off LP.
I agree...as much as I've traveled I've never seen anything posted about RVs in regards to tunnels. Each car carries more explosive power with a tank of gas than we do with our small LP tanks. Besides I carry 70 gallons of diesel which would make a bigger boom than the LP.

Several years ago a gas tanker caught fire in a tunnel I think in CA and it caused an infernal. That changed a lot of laws with the big trucks. I used to drive Hazmat but all those laws have slowly evaperated from my mind.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
Don't know if its like this elsewhere in the country but if you get caught going through any of the tunnels in the Northeast, they'll take your truck and camper, throw away the keys and put you in solitary where even The Big Guy won't know where you are.
I knew there was a reason I've never been to the Northeast.

Maybe they're just narrow minded...because they don't like guns, large soft drinks and now us poor homeless people living in our trailers just trying to get by.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
Member
 
Fredtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 96
Do not make the mistake and try to go thru the Bankhead tunnel in Mobile, that is the old tunnel next to the I-10 Wallace tunnel, it is too low for sure.
__________________
Fred & Linda
2014 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW, B&W 25K 3600
2013 Redwood 38GK Red & Black
USN Retired
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
Don't know if its like this elsewhere in the country but if you get caught going through any of the tunnels in the Northeast, they'll take your truck and camper, throw away the keys and put you in solitary where even The Big Guy won't know where you are.
I knew there was a reason I've never been to the Northeast.

Maybe they're just narrow minded...because they don't like guns, large soft drinks and now us poor homeless people living in our trailers just trying to get by.
Funny you say that, I am so trying to be homeless, can I live in the Redwood is not even a question, I am so trying to sell her on this, I figure a month in the West/Northwest will do it.
__________________
2012 Ford F450 Lariat FX4 dually, 2013 Redwood 36FB Red and Black Painted
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.