Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #1

missing vent cap

Somehow on our recent trip we lost the cap on the vent fan in the powder room. Currently I have taped a couple of plastic bags around it and disconnected the fan motor. There are no broken pieces and I don't even know what it looks like, so I have no idea how to go about replacing it. Any help out there?
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #2

it is a normal 14" x 14" cover and can get them on Amazon or most any RV supply store. Just search RV Vent Cover
Old 11-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #3

It's not that type of vent. It's more like a regular bathroom vent fan. There is no evidence of those style covers on the roof. All that is left is an approximately 5 inch round opening with a bolt sticking up in the middle.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:02 PM   #4

I think you maybe looking at the attic vent. Had to replace one of mine but had to buy the complete assembly just to get the cover. Any rv dealer should have it
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I think you maybe looking at the attic vent. Had to replace one of mine but had to buy the complete assembly just to get the cover. Any rv dealer should have it
Yep, it's the attic vent, probably in the center of the roof that has a 1/4" threaded stud to tighten down. When reinstalling add a drop of thread lock on the threads & it won't vibrate off again.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:54 PM   #6

Thank you everyone for the quick responses for this. I would not have known what to search for, but I was able to locate the cover on e-bay, and I got it and installed today, before the snow flies again. Since you called it an attic vent does that mean it vents the space above the ceiling, or is it simply a vent for the powder room fan? I went on the assumption it is indeed an attic vent and got it replaced before the winter really set in. I had it taped up pretty good, so there would not have been any venting going on. Again Thank You
Old 11-25-2019, 02:16 AM   #7

To my knowledge it does just that, vents the attic. It does not vent the powder room fan, that's a 14"x14" Fantastic or Maxx Air fan.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 11-25-2019, 04:15 AM   #8

Well my 39MB powder room vent fan is exactly like any vent fan you would find in your bathroom at home, not a Fantastic or Max Air fan. I do not have a 14X14 opening above the powder room, just the small 5" round vent opening that has the threaded top to it. I do not know if the fan is actually connected to the roof vent, but based on what you are saying it must not be and it just blows into the attic and then gets vented out the roof. There's no shower in there, just a toilet and a sink so I don't think the fan is designed to vent out humidity, just smell!!!
Old 11-25-2019, 04:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkathybat View Post
Well my 39MB powder room vent fan is exactly like any vent fan you would find in your bathroom at home, not a Fantastic or Max Air fan. I do not have a 14X14 opening above the powder room, just the small 5" round vent opening that has the threaded top to it. I do not know if the fan is actually connected to the roof vent, but based on what you are saying it must not be and it just blows into the attic and then gets vented out the roof. There's no shower in there, just a toilet and a sink so I don't think the fan is designed to vent out humidity, just smell!!!
A picture of your powder room vent would be very helpful.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 11-25-2019, 05:26 PM   #10

Rob, that is extremely strange. with have a very early '16 (Mfr'd Mar '15) and our Bathroom is a 14x14 MaxxAir fan. Now if you're ref'ing the Half Bath, don't know as we have the Butler's Pantry instead. And with the Attic above the Half Bath would have no idea how they would vent it.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote