Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2016, 03:52 PM   #1

MCD Shades Misaligned

Hello,

I have been lurking on the forums for a few months now while waiting for my RW to arrive. Now that its here its time to step out of the shadows.

I just got my new RW and I noticed that some of the MCD shades are off-centered and don't properly cover the window. The MCD shade in the bedroom is off by 1 1/2 inches exposing the window. In fact, all the MCD shades on the driver's side of the RV are off-centered. Is this just poor craftsmanship? Is it difficult to take off the window dressing and re-align the MCD shades?
cflyfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflyfishguy View Post
Hello,

I have been lurking on the forums for a few months now while waiting for my RW to arrive. Now that its here its time to step out of the shadows.

I just got my new RW and I noticed that some of the MCD shades are off-centered and don't properly cover the window. The MCD shade in the bedroom is off by 1 1/2 inches exposing the window. In fact, all the MCD shades on the driver's side of the RV are off-centered. Is this just poor craftsmanship? Is it difficult to take off the window dressing and re-align the MCD shades?
Hello , good to see you came out of the shadows!

Those shades will slide from side to side.. They are in small tracks on the brackets.. When I got mine, I had to adjust them , and sometimes have to tweek them here and there.. Just use both hands spread out over the length of the shade... It will move
Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #3

Hardest part is removing the valances, they used black screws on mine & were difficult to see, also a long #2 square but will help. Once you get to them they will slide side to side with some difficulty, they have grooves on either side that catch in the clip. While you're there take a couple plastic zip ties & criss cross each clip so when the clip breaks the shades won't fall.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflyfishguy View Post
Hello,

All my shades were not centered on the windows had to take it back to the dealer . they centered all the shades now the shades don't go up correctly.
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
All my shades were not centered on the windows had to take it back to the dealer . they centered all the shades now the shades don't go up correctly.
There should bean adjustment on the ends that will make the shades go up and down easier.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:23 AM   #6

I was able to grab onto the rollers and slide them back and forth to center them on the window.

Thanks for all the replies.
cflyfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:40 AM   #7

I have had to replace and center ours since we bought our RW they move easily and you can get your fingers up behind the valance you can push the clips and the blinds will drop out of the brackets. putting them back in is easier as you put the clip in back and push up and they lock into place.