Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to superdav
Manually Engaging Slideouts

Hello All....

We are kind of stuck...literally. Long Story short...slideout motor got fried. How can we manually extend slideouts? We have a 36FL...

Thanks!
superdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #2

you should be able to go to Lci1.com and click on the Customer Service for videos and instructions. I hope this helps. If you google "how to manually override Lippert hydraulic slides" you should find a you-tube video that shows you how to do it.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #3

Thanks....I did find one but of course it doesn't look like ours....and I am mechanically challenged....I was hoping someone with a Redwood 36fl has done it before....it is the hydraulic slides in the rear...
Old 04-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav View Post
Thanks....I did find one but of course it doesn't look like ours....and I am mechanically challenged....I was hoping someone with a Redwood 36fl has done it before....it is the hydraulic slides in the rear...
If it's a Lippert system than it shouldn't matter if it looks exactly the same or not but the concept is the same. I have the 31sl and have never had to manually override but I know I downloaded the directions from Lci!.com on how to do it just in case. Lci1 has all sorts of how to videos and manuals on "How To" I tried to figure out how to copy and paste the video site but I'm computer challenged, sorry.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #5

What was the outcome. How did you make out with the slides?
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:49 PM   #6

Well....we are still stuck....Have to get a new hydraulic motor, etc...waiting to hear tomorrow how it is going to get fixed and how soon. We have the rear slides open enough to get through into the bedroom....but....we cant bring slides in or the jacks up....so we are stuck. In talking with several so called experts....we can't manually extend or retract the slides and jacks unless we disconnect/drain the hydraulics....not an emergency yet.....Ill keep you posted.

Oh and just an FYI....it was a Camping World screw up......
Old 04-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Well....we are still stuck....Have to get a new hydraulic motor, etc...waiting to hear tomorrow how it is going to get fixed and how soon. We have the rear slides open enough to get through into the bedroom....but....we cant bring slides in or the jacks up....so we are stuck. In talking with several so called experts....we can't manually extend or retract the slides and jacks unless we disconnect/drain the hydraulics....not an emergency yet.....Ill keep you posted.

I don't understand why the "so called experts" are saying it can't be done. The instructions on the LCI website provide the information. There is a hex socket (I believe it is 1/4 or 5/16 inch) on the top of the hydraulic pump motor. You can use a matching size allen wrench to turn the motor manually (slow process) or the appropriate size adapter with a battery operated drill (faster process) to operate the pump.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #8

Quote:

Which experts are you talking to? Lippert, Redwood or Camping world? Redwood and Lippert should know how to do this. Caution!!!!!..........don't let someone who thinks he knows tell you what has to be done to do it manually. According to Lci1 directions, you do not have to drain fluid.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:56 PM   #9

Quote:

What did camping world do?
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:38 AM   #10

My slides are good, but my legs are stuck too. Cannot move the trailer. It is so high that it is lifting up my truck fifth wheel hitch. Keeps going up and never down. On my computer it never reads JACKS UP... I was wondering what you did to fix your jacks? I am not getting help from anyone--would love some advice or anything. I even tried changing solenoids but to no avail. HELP
krempy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:25 AM   #11

Isn't there a button that reads retract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2015, 04:37 AM   #12

Yes but when i push retract it just clicks and nothing happens. I have lots of power. Plugged in at the house right now.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:50 AM   #13

did you try unplugging from the house and then try to move the slides. They operate on the 12volt system. Might be something to think about.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:12 AM   #14

I'm confused by this thread. Is your hydraulic slides and electric slide working? If so, are you only having problems raising your front jacks or all of the jacks?
Old 05-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #15

When you push retract button should light up then push front in the front Jack should retract

Old 05-10-2015, 01:35 PM   #16

Did you try unplugging the controller?

Old 05-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #17

I am having the same issue and no resolution yet. It first happened when I hooked up to move. I have had a service tech come to our site and to figure it out. He is still researching it. He thinks the box on the side is fine because you can hear it click when trying to retract, but nothing happens. He has jumped the solenoids and they retract. They will retract manually. He told me what he thinks it is and I can't remember what he told me. When he comes back to fix it, I will post the resolution. He said the 'trombetta' valve was fine as some have suggested to look at this part.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #18

Unplugging the controller didn't help. We did get moved but we had to lift the legs manually. Then the computer did put the legs down for which I am thankful. But the computer still clicks on retract. Orange light on but nothing happens. Thanks for any help. The fuses are all good.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:15 PM   #19

In our situation....come to find out....We had Camping World put on some slide toppers. They came loose after a trip. When I took it back in, the mechanic turned off the hydraulics to the rear to isolate the slide. He FORGOT to turn them back on. When I called them, they thought maybe they drained the battery. They told me to let it charge and keep trying......too make a long story short....all the trying burnt out the hydraulic motor. The whole motor had to be replaced. They stood by the screw up and replaced the whole thing.....
Old 05-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #20

The one thing I learned was not to mess with the hydraulics unless you know what you are doing....I'm mechanically challenged....pretty expensive item. In the future, I will not touch anything and call someone who is in the know....