Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2019, 09:33 PM   #21
Site Team

Larry - I think I would call Lipperts tech line. They're actually pretty good. It sounds to me like you have something going on in the Trombetta ( the manifold/valve assembly where all th distribution comes from) but I'm not sure enough of that to tell you to get one.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:52 PM   #22

Could be a cartridge valve too. Debris can get in those and allow fluid to flow when it shouldn’t. I agree to call Lippert customer support. They are pretty knowledgeable about their stuff.
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
I still seem to have an issue with some kind of by-pass letting the street side come out when raising the jacks. Also the curb side will not come in most times unless you let the system rest for awhile. This weekend it would not come in at all and you can hear the motor still spinning. When opening, everything goes out very slowly.

If I manually shut the valve off on one side, then the other, everything closes fast and positive and remains closed.

I remember one time someone suggested a ram that may be by-passing but with them working so well one side at a time, does it not point to something else in the system? Could it be the manual valve? Is there another valve near the pump that could be by-passing?

I would take this to my dealer but I know they will throw parts at it for a while.

BTW I did wire the pump direct to the battery with the 80 amp breaker taking it off the electrical buss.
I would say the valve that runs the slide out has something stuck in the seat and is letting fluid bypass a closed valve.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #24
NVD

Help greatly appreciated slide issues

Hi All,

Newbie to the forum, I have the same issues have a 2017 redwood 38gk, dealer is a waist of time so attempting to diagnose myself.

I've read the forums haven't changed the breaker yet but have bypassed them and wired directly but still getting the same problem. Am I missing something here?

If it's a breaker issue than why the same problem when I've taken them out of the equation.

Thanks for any input
NVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:04 PM   #25
Site Team

By the slides stopping and starting, it seems like it is still a breaker problem. Are you sure that all the breakers that go to the pump are not connected? I have had the same problem and had a loose connection on a breaker.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:40 PM   #26

Have you tried connecting directly from the battery to the pump reversing relay (trombetta)? If that works, you changed the wrong circuit breaker, if it still stops and starts I would change out the trombetta.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:47 PM   #27
NVD

Thanks all for the quick response, looks like I have weekend project.

Will let you know what happened

Thx again
NVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:28 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Have you tried connecting directly from the battery to the pump reversing relay (trombetta)? If that works, you changed the wrong circuit breaker, if it still stops and starts I would change out the trombetta.
Michelle, do you think there is a pressure switch somewhere in the system that shuts the motor off when it feels pressure against the system? Thinking that when the slide gets closed, something would tell the system to stop. I also have always had an issue with the dining slide not wanting to come in. If I wait for 5 min and try again, most of the time it comes in but I am waiting for the day it doesn't
Old 07-18-2020, 12:21 AM   #29

As far as I know, NO, the only time it seems to shut off automaticly is at the end of the "Retract All" cycle.
When ours was new we started having an issue with the Kitchen & Dining Slide (common hydraulic line to both). Spent 90 minutes one day trying all sorts of different combinations and finally determined it was the Dining slide that was our problem, got it in and closed off it's control value. Did a month and half Canadian Maritime Caravan with that slide in. Had an appointment with the RW Service Center after, and of course slides worked just fine there which had Randy scratching his head, so he called Lippert and then handed his phone to me and said explain the problem to them. I did and Lippert said there is an O-Ring in those cylinders that sometime jumps out of place, preventing it from building pressure, they changed that cylinder and been fine since.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #30

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like that could be the issue as I have done all of the other tricks....
Old 07-26-2020, 08:40 PM   #31

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
Go online and find the Lippert operators manual for the hydraulic system. The manual says that the hydraulics are controlled by a pressure switch. When the pressure builds up the pressure switch turns off the hydraulic pump. It sounds as though you may have a defective pressure switch.