Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #1

LP Line routing?

While traveling in Texas we had a blowout that took out all the 12V power and the propane line to the refrigerator and stove in our 2014 31SL. I've gotten everything fixed up with the exception of running the propane line to the stove from the refrigerator. The run looks pretty straightforward, but my question is should I put the Tee and run the stove LP line inside the slide or outside the slide and up through the slide bottom? It seems inside the slide would provide more protection and reduce the risk of exterior debris putting a hole in the line. On the other hand it might allow propane to settle internal to the trailer (if there was an internal leak). Since the blowout took out all the original lines, I am not sure how the factory routed it. Does anyone with a 31SL or similar layout know or have other thoughts? Thanks.

Robb
2013 GMC Denali HD
2014 Redwood 31SL Stock
rlmankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:37 AM   #2

Don't have your model, but personally would run it outside as much as possible for safeties sake.
I know there's other 31SLs here so maybe they'll chime in.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:11 PM   #3

I have a 2017 31SL. I will look next time I am out at the storage unit.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:38 PM   #4

Thank you, much appreciated!
Old 05-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #5

The LP lines go out the bottom of the tank cabinet and run along the outside of the frame until they get to the slide about where refrigerator is. Then up through the floor of the slide.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:43 PM   #6

thanks! I think this will help. Based on this info, the tee and the run to both the fridge and the stove are internal to the slide. I looked at a few Montana's the other day and they all seem to so something similar, except that both the stove and the fridge run lines from the main propane trunk, no tee.

This seems like a tough call, thanks to everyone for the advice and help.

Robb