Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #1

Living Room Slide Bolts Shearing

When closing the living room slide, it has been hesitating lately. When I got out, there were three bolts that appeared to be sheared off of the underside of the outside wall of the slide. A pic is attached of the bolts. The dealer added additional bolts, but that doesn't explain why this is happening.

Anyone run into this issue and maybe know where I could get some extra bolts? The end that is sheared appears to be pointed for going into the wood floor.

Thanks,
Gene
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide pin.jpg (113.0 KB, 52 views)
gford10480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:29 PM   #2

With most slide out rooms that are a 'Flush Floor' versus an above floor room, the slide out room goes up and down on the ramp at the outer edge of the slide out opening, this tends to put stress on the lag bolts. The bolt holes in the tube are elongated so the room can rock and tip to extend and retract. Perhaps your slide out is adjusted to slightly extend too far in order to achieve a tight seal when in the out position? Lippert has several LIPP sheets that explain slide out room adjustments. Make small adjustments and see if it still opens completely and compresses the bulb seal to still make the room still air tight.

Chris & Maria
2012 36RL
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:50 PM   #3

[QUOTE=gford10480;82175]When closing the living room slide, it has been hesitating lately. When I got out, there were three bolts that appeared to be sheared off of the underside of the outside wall of the slide. A pic is attached of the bolts. The dealer added additional bolts, but that doesn't explain why this is happening.

Anyone run into this issue and maybe know where I could get some extra bolts? The end that is sheared appears to be pointed for going into the wood floor.

Thanks,
I had
the same thing happen to me. The bolts going up thru the aluminum frame .The bolts are steel and the frame is aluminum two different types of metals causing corrosion on the bolts.
j1251b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:23 AM   #4

We're you able to get the sheared screws out to replace them?
Old 12-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #5

j1251b how did you solve the issue? The dealer simply added new lag screws to available holes in the slide base. In total, I had 3 screws sheared, two in the back and one in the front.

Thanks,
Gene
Old 12-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gford10480 View Post
We're you able to get the sheared screws out to replace them?
Yes I took the lower panel off the slide out. That gave me accuse to the lag screws. I replaces the old lag screws with treated lag screws.
Camphost
j1251b is offline   Reply With Quote