Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2019, 04:59 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,895
Lippert Tilt Bed System

Hello all,

I am in the process of acquiring all the needed parts to allow me to self install the Lippert tilt bed system.... Has anyone taken on this task themselves?


Joe
__________________
2015 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
travelin' texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,913
The way I've always approached this type of project is if those knuckleheads at the factory can do it, I figure I can do it better because I care about the outcome, they care about getting it out the door.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!
travelin' texans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
The way I've always approached this type of project is if those knuckleheads at the factory can do it, I figure I can do it better because I care about the outcome, they care about getting it out the door.
Danny,

That is my feeling, although they sent me 400" of aluminum tube in 8' sections, it has to be mitre cut and welded to form some sort of base/frame.??

There is an RV service and repair place not far from me, I asked the owner if its something thy would think about doing.. They told me they never installed one, but have worked on them in the past and told me they would/could do it.
__________________
2015 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Joe,

Why in the world would you chose to add another Schwintek system to your coach?

I have a factory one on my motorhome. If you are getting it to set up in bed to watch TV, they aren't very comfortable. If you are getting it to get the bed out of the way and have more floor space, they are great for that. Ours is required to have a king bed with slides on both sides. It has to be retracted to bring in both slides.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
travelin' texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Danny,

That is my feeling, although they sent me 400" of aluminum tube in 8' sections, it has to be mitre cut and welded to form some sort of base/frame.??

There is an RV service and repair place not far from me, I asked the owner if its something thy would think about doing.. They told me they never installed one, but have worked on them in the past and told me they would/could do it.
So I guess it's not like most things today with "some assembly required" sent with 600 pages of instructions & 2 pages in English.
Good luck & hope it's worth the trouble.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!
travelin' texans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
So I guess it's not like most things today with "some assembly required" sent with 600 pages of instructions & 2 pages in English.
Good luck & hope it's worth the trouble.
Danny-

Happy Wife=Happy Life
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Joe,

Why in the world would you chose to add another Schwintek system to your coach?

I have a factory one on my motorhome. If you are getting it to set up in bed to watch TV, they aren't very comfortable. If you are getting it to get the bed out of the way and have more floor space, they are great for that. Ours is required to have a king bed with slides on both sides. It has to be retracted to bring in both slides.
Good question Brad..

Redwood has offered to ship the kit to me for free for my innstall.... but the more I see it, the more I think itís going to be an issue .

It is not about watching TV while sitting up, itís more about accessibility to the closet and would love to 18 inches ..

Could you get me the name of the one that you have?

Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Good question Brad..

Redwood has offered to ship the kit to me for free for my innstall.... but the more I see it, the more I think it’s going to be an issue .

It is not about watching TV while sitting up, it’s more about accessibility to the closet and would love to 18 inches ..

Could you get me the name of the one that you have?

Joe
Joe,

Winnebago likes to rebadge everything - so they just call it their "Power Bed", but it has a Schwintek motor and 2 tracks with a tubular framework. Its a nice sturdy steel frame. The base is not a solid sheet of plywood, rather it is a wood stud
frame sandwiched with 1/4" plywood top and bottom, I think to give it a vinyl edging all the way around. The end product is about 2" thick. On top is an Innomax sleep number type bed that folds when you raise bed. It has a strap that holds the heavy mattress across the width of the top panel so it doesn't slide down.

These views are from the Winnebago 3D virtual walkthrough of my model that is available online. I was able to turn on and off certain parts and zoom in for detail.

Mine normally has pretty good pass by in front of the bed because it has slides that open on both sides, but when you retract the bed, you get a bonus of a good 4 feet in front of the bed. Gives a nice open feeling and actually hides our ugly headboard

Hope that helps! If it gave dimensions I would send them to you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture 12.JPG (146.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Capture 13.JPG (33.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Capture 15.JPG (86.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Capture 14.JPG (53.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Capture 17.JPG (32.2 KB, 5 views)
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,895
Thanks Brad, that looks almost identical to the Lippert....

AND at this point, the Lippert will be $0.00 to me and just installation
__________________
2015 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Oh I'm sure mine is a Lippert. Just renamed like the Innomax bed they call Ideal Rest

$0 is a good price! I would definately install it.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:38 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Jeff&Karen39MB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 305
What about making the bed, will it move the mattress forward away from headboard to allow you to make top of the bed easier?
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:05 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Karen39MB View Post
What about making the bed, will it move the mattress forward away from headboard to allow you to make top of the bed easier?
Not sure Jeff.... Have not seen one in person as of yet.... Hopefully we will know between now and mid July as we are waiting on parts from Lippert to be shipped via Crossroads/Keystone...
__________________
2015 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Karen39MB View Post
What about making the bed, will it move the mattress forward away from headboard to allow you to make top of the bed easier?
Vaughn was looking at one that did that - possibly a MorRyde system. Might have even been a concept. It was to get the bed out of the hole on the slide-in-a-slide on the Redwood so you could make it. I don't know what happened with that.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:20 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Vaughn was looking at one that did that - possibly a MorRyde system. Might have even been a concept. It was to get the bed out of the hole on the slide-in-a-slide on the Redwood so you could make it. I don't know what happened with that.

Brad,

I talked to Gary Wheeler at Morryde while my Redwood was there about their bed slide.

That is exactly what their system is designed for, better access to the head of the bed.. the system slides the bed away from the wall to allow you to make the bed.

They ALSO make a tilting bed lift, but would not quote a cost on after market install as they only put them in pre construction at this time.

They would have to get the engineer's involved to figure out how to do it...

Joe
__________________
2015 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Brad,

I talked to Gary Wheeler at Morryde while my Redwood was there about their bed slide.

That is exactly what their system is designed for, better access to the head of the bed.. the system slides the bed away from the wall to allow you to make the bed.

They ALSO make a tilting bed lift, but would not quote a cost on after market install as they only put them in pre construction at this time.

They would have to get the engineer's involved to figure out how to do it...

Joe
Ah good, I wasn't dreaming!
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 16
I guess this is the answer for additional floor space since they have eliminated the Slide-in-Slide. Love the S-n-S.
BobJudy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×