Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #1

Linc pad system

We have a 2016 36RL we ordered with the linc pad. After doing a lot of research we thought it would be nice to have the tablet in hand to operate a lot of features on the Redwood. We took the Redwood out and tried playing with everything. The tablet did not have an option to remotely do anything. We contacted our dealer and they told us the tablet was just for how to videos, tutorials and owners manuals. That is not what our research had told us. If anyone has the linc pad can you tell us if the tablet can control lights,awnings, slides, monitor holding tanks, etc. THANKS!
RuffinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffinIt View Post
We have a 2016 36RL we ordered with the linc pad. After doing a lot of research we thought it would be nice to have the tablet in hand to operate a lot of features on the Redwood. We took the Redwood out and tried playing with everything. The tablet did not have an option to remotely do anything. We contacted our dealer and they told us the tablet was just for how to videos, tutorials and owners manuals. That is not what our research had told us. If anyone has the linc pad can you tell us if the tablet can control lights,awnings, slides, monitor holding tanks, etc. THANKS!
I do not have one , but when the sales guy at another dealer was trying to sell us one off the lot he told us that you can take that in the truck with you and turn the lights on and off.. and the same with the AC ??? and other stuff also . . .Curious
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #3

Here is a link on a you tube that clearly indicates that it should control everything Discussion starts at minute 3:25!

B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #4

if you go to youtube, don't know if this link works, but according to LCI, or FIT or whatever they are known as, it does everything!
Old 08-25-2015, 08:06 PM   #5

We have the linc pad. We mainly wanted it to control the slides while standing outside. When we took possession, it would not operate the slides. First the tablet wasn't talking to the trailer because it wasn't connected to the router. Then we found out the trailer was wired but the system had not been programmed to control the slides. Camping World had Lippert Systems walk them through programming the system so it would control the slides.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #6

Wie have the Linc system in ours. It handles everything on ours. A little weird using it. It used to work outside the trailer and after one update it only operates plugged in the USB charging cord.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:51 PM   #7

I didn't like that idea 2 years ago when they debuted it at the rally factory tour. It looked very modern, but for us youngsters that are technically challenged & blind without glasses it didn't seem like a good idea!! In the dark I would've had to use a flashlight to find my glasses to turn the lights on to find the instructions to work the pad.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #8

I know you have to keep current with technology to compete, but that gadget introduces "technogeek" engineering into an industry already plagued with trouble in my opinion.

The Lyncsys was introduced by LCI on a Redwood years before it even came out in production. We showed our Dealer the LCI video with it working on the Redwood, but the rep said the Engineers were still playing in the sandbox on that one and it would be a while - that was 2013.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #9

Ours did not work when we got our RW. The tablet has to talk to the router. Like any wireless device, you search for the network and try to connect to it. You need the password off the router for the tablet to connect. Then the MyRV app will show up on the bottom of the list. Might need to take your router out to find the PW. It is on a label.

Rick
Old 08-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #10

Forest River, Heartland, & maybe others have a fob that operates everything, I'd like that!
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #11

I made my own 6 station key fob remote for my Montana using a Dakota Digital setup. It was great. Was going to do it for the Redwood, but all the switches are so conveniently located I haven't felt a need!

For instance, Montana put the generator switch in the back wall of the front closet - real convenient on that one - NOT. Redwood puts it right by the front door. Redwood also puts the awnings switches by the door, and on mine, also outside.

I don't miss the remote at all so far.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I made my own 6 station key fob remote for my Montana using a Dakota Digital setup. It was great. Was going to do it for the Redwood, but all the switches are so conveniently located I haven't felt a need!

For instance, Montana put the generator switch in the back wall of the front closet - real convenient on that one - NOT. Redwood puts it right by the front door. Redwood also puts the awnings switches by the door, and on mine, also outside.

I don't miss the remote at all so far.

And with Brad's help via the Montana Forum, I installed the same gear in my Montana. It worked great.
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfield58 View Post
And with Brad's help via the Montana Forum, I installed the same gear in my Montana. It worked great.
Tim, do you miss it now? or do you have the LyncSys?
Old 08-27-2015, 09:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Tim, do you miss it now? or do you have the LyncSys?
No, don't have the LincSys Brad. Seems like this technology was rushed to the end users before it was ready... Yes, there are times I miss my remote, especially when backing up truck and hitching up.
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:05 PM   #15

I would like to thank everyone who replied to my question. Thank you ChristianM for getting me in touch with people at Redwood and their quick and helpful response. It is nice to see the manufacturer is so willing to help a customer.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:21 PM   #16

Does that mean you got it to do what you expected it to do or just a good explanation why it won't?
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-31-2015, 04:29 PM   #17

I had 2 different people from Redwood try to help me troubleshoot my problem over the phone. It was determined the router is probably bad or no power getting to it. that was much more than my dealer did. they just told me the tablet isn't supposed to work anything. Unfortunately, I have to take it back to the dealer for troubleshooting.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:59 AM   #18

Too bad, we have it and controls just about everything. Once you get it working, you will appreciate it.

Fred
Old 09-04-2015, 07:34 PM   #19

When we went to pick up our Redwood the Linc pad was missing! Just received it in the mail. It has no app. on it. Will try to connect to the router, I have it and am 6 hours away from where my hubby and the Redwood are
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:30 PM   #20

Please keep us inform, as I mention earlier our Linc pad was missing from our coach when we went to pick it up and we just received it's replacement in the mail. I know with out it we are unable to use any of the outdoor lights. Would be really nice to be able to enjoy all the features the Redwood has to offer
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote