Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #1

Wife and I just bought a Redwood 36FB this past November. Living in it full time; just my wife and I. For now, not doing a lot of traveling so the wear and tear is limited to the lot we're parked on. We both work full time so our trips are long weekends and vacations for now.

Anyone have an idea of how long we can expect to live in this unit till it seems necessary to replace?

Before you answer, I know every situation is different between the amount of wear and tear a couple puts on a unit, how much tolerance they have for a home showing signs of wear, etc.

Just looking for a ballpark range. Thanks
2015 Redwood RV (39MB)
GCAKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCAKIA
Wife and I just bought a Redwood 36FB this past November. Living in it full time; just my wife and I. For now, not doing a lot of traveling so the wear and tear is limited to the lot we're parked on. We both work full time so our trips are long weekends and vacations for now.

Anyone have an idea of how long we can expect to live in this unit till it seems necessary to replace?

Before you answer, I know every situation is different between the amount of wear and tear a couple puts on a unit, how much tolerance they have for a home showing signs of wear, etc.

Just looking for a ballpark range. Thanks
In my opinion....as long as you fix things as they break and keep water from penetrating the seals, it should last a long time. I've talked with people that full timed in much lesser units for well over 10 years. Maintenance is the key so make sure you have a tool box full of goodies.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #3

Thanks Dave. That's good to hear!
2015 Redwood RV (39MB)
GCAKIA is offline   Reply With Quote