Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2015, 11:47 PM   #1

Leveling issue

After using auto level and getting the OK message that unit was level, it was still 1.7 degrees off front to back. Can you hit the auto level button again after you are unhitched and slides out to try to get level?
Rogerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:01 AM   #2

You can, but it helps to raise the nose as if you had just disconnected. Not sure why, but that is where it likes to start. You can also reset your 0 if you feel it is not true level.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:53 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerfish View Post
After using auto level and getting the OK message that unit was level, it was still 1.7 degrees off front to back. Can you hit the auto level button again after you are unhitched and slides out to try to get level?

Always unhitch before attempting to auto-level. Make sure your start the coach from a nose high condition to do auto-level. My 36RL will typically auto-level to a -0.5 degrees (as displayed on the control) front to back. I then put the control into manual mode and raise the nose until it shows 0.0 degrees.

I find that the front tends to settle over the period of a week by as much as 2 inches. So, I usually just raise the nose again until it shows level. I occasionally raise the front to dump water off the slide toppers. Then I will re-level the coach with the slides out and have not had any issues doing so. If the coach was on a very un-level site, I would put the slides in before attempting to re-level.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:56 AM   #4

I just recalibrated mine as my rig was slightly nose high. There is a procedure in the level up manual called Zero Point Calibration. First, I manually leveled the rig with the pad. I used a 4' level in a few places in the rig and also a torpedo level on the stove. Once I had the rig leveled the way I wanted it, I followed the Zero Point Calibration to memorize the 'new level'.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:58 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenkco View Post
I just recalibrated mine as my rig was slightly nose high. There is a procedure in the level up manual called Zero Point Calibration. First, I manually leveled the rig with the pad. I used a 4' level in a few places in the rig and also a torpedo level on the stove. Once I had the rig leveled the way I wanted it, I followed the Zero Point Calibration to memorize the 'new level'.

Ken

I have done the Zero Point Calibration a couple of times, but even so, it seems like when I do auto-level, the coach always ends up nose down by approximately 0.2 to 0.5 degrees. So, I just raise the nose manually until it shows 0.0 degrees.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote