Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2018, 02:38 PM   #1
Site Team

Level Up Pump Breaker

I have a 2013 34SK as my signature shows. Have been having trouble with the circuit breaker tripping on the level up and slide pump. It resets quickly, but the frequency of the tripping is getting worse. I understand this happening when it is cold but it does it now when 80 degrees. I can't find the circuit breaker to replace it. Am wondering if it is a part of the level up controller. Anyone know where it is??
Old 10-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #2

Follow the Large (think Red) lead from the Pump down to the Buss Bar that contains most of the auto reset breakers, but may be difficult to get that breaker out. When Lippert worked on our system at last year Rally, they pulled both leads off that breaker and installed a Manual Reset 80 amp break on the side wall above the others.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenhardt View Post
I have a 2013 34SK as my signature shows. Have been having trouble with the circuit breaker tripping on the level up and slide pump. It resets quickly, but the frequency of the tripping is getting worse. I understand this happening when it is cold but it does it now when 80 degrees. I can't find the circuit breaker to replace it. Am wondering if it is a part of the level up controller. Anyone know where it is??
Bruce,
I helped Rollie n Laurie with his RW a few years back & if I recall from his it was mounted on the same wall as the pump & when he called Lippert they said to replace the 50 amp with an 80 amp & power it directly from the battery.
You might want to look them up on the members list & send him a pm, I don't trust my memory anymore.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:10 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Follow the Large (think Red) lead from the Pump down to the Buss Bar that contains most of the auto reset breakers, but may be difficult to get that breaker out. When Lippert worked on our system at last year Rally, they pulled both leads off that breaker and installed a Manual Reset 80 amp break on the side wall above the others.
Thanks for the reply. I did follow the red power lead from the pump to the buss bar but didn't see the breaker. I'll look harder for it at the buss bar.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:11 AM   #5

I just replaced my fuse last week. The red pump line is attached to the bottom lug of the fuse. The top of the fuse is attached to the buss bar where the positive leads from the battery are attached. There are five fuses in the fuse holder. If you look at my pictures one shows a single fuse that is similar to the one you are looking for but it has its own mounting ears. Notice the copper stud on the single fuse and then look close at the other picture of the fuse holder and you will see those copper studs under the buss bar. These are type 1 auto reset Bussman fuses side by side. There is a spare next to the level up fuse but it is only 30 amp so you will need a new 50 amp from a auto parts store. If you remove one of the screws from the fuse holder and the leads from the fuse in question you should be able to slide the fuse down and out of the holder. I hope this helps.

Trailer wiring 1.jpg

Autoreset fuse 1.jpg
Old 10-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #6
Site Team

Yes, this is helpful, especially the photos. I'll look at them today.

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #7

Redwood

I had the same problem with my 2013 Redwood. Especially in the cold, the jacks would not retract without tripping the auto-resetting breaker multiple times. The problem got worse and worse until I was afraid that I would not even be able to fully retract the jacks in extreme cold. Replacing the breaker did not help. My dealer told me that that was normal, but I did not agree.

After much internet research I finally found that Redwood had issued a Technical Service Bulletin to correct the problem. I ordered the parts and made the change myself and it completely corrected the problem. I have never had the fuses (there are two now) reset since then, and that was about three years ago.

I took a copy of the TSB to my local Redwood dealer. He had no idea what I was talking about, but got with the regional Redwood rep and he was able to confirm the TSB did in fact exist.

I am attaching the TSB info that I found somewhere online - I have forgotten some of the details.

Basically the TSB, as best as I remember, installs two 50Amp resetting breakers in parallel, instead of the single 50Amp that was installed at the factory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSB #1.jpg (99.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg TSB #2.jpg (123.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg TSB #3.jpg (109.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg TSB #4.jpg (64.0 KB, 26 views)
petenorwood is offline   Reply With Quote