Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #1

lets talk about sound bar replacement

on our previous redwood 38BR we had 5 mini speakers mounted in the ceiling and a subwoofer behind the fireplace. in our 2016 38GK it comes with a 2 channel sound bar and no subwoofer. has anyone replaced this with a better sound bar with a subwoofer or even without a subwoofer. looking into suggestions to improve sound since the jbl sound bar that came with the trailer just doesn't cut the mustard.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:48 PM   #2

Well the sky is the limit on a sound bar. While shopping for them I observed bars over $500. As for me the sound system on my 2012 36RL sounded worse than that of my little Coachman TT. I added a soundbar that I bought from wally World for $99 that serves my needs. It is a Vizzio with no subwoofer. I plan on adding another to the basement for outside entertainment. The bluetooth feature is nice playing music from my phone or nexus!
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:03 PM   #3

I have several Vizio soundbars with wireless subwoofers in the house. Nice sound! I've had to replace 1 because it failed after 5 years, but they are budget priced.

Our redwood has the older 5.1 speaker surround system with Woofer (which is awesome by the way), but I have thought about putting a small Vizio soundbar for the outside TV, if anything just to capture bluetooth music from my phone.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I have several Vizio soundbars with wireless subwoofers in the house. Nice sound! I've had to replace 1 because it failed after 5 years, but they are budget priced.

Our redwood has the older 5.1 speaker surround system with Woofer (which is awesome by the way), but I have thought about putting a small Vizio soundbar for the outside TV, if anything just to capture bluetooth music from my phone.
I bought the small Vizio bar and was extremely disappointed in the sound so I returned it. Maybe I bought a dud but it just did not sound good. I was going to mount it under the TV cabinet in the bedroom of the 36RL. I still might try it later and buy another one. I am going to mount a larger one in the ceiling of the basement. We had a spare 40 inch LED TV that I use in the basement. I just shove it against the basement wall when traveling (which is not at all at this time). If you keep posting pics of those Colarado State Parks and I might have to shake the dust off her
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
Old 09-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA1817 View Post
I bought the small Vizio bar and was extremely disappointed in the sound so I returned it. Maybe I bought a dud but it just did not sound good. I was going to mount it under the TV cabinet in the bedroom of the 36RL. I still might try it later and buy another one. I am going to mount a larger one in the ceiling of the basement. We had a spare 40 inch LED TV that I use in the basement. I just shove it against the basement wall when traveling (which is not at all at this time). If you keep posting pics of those Colarado State Parks and I might have to shake the dust off her
Cmon out! Better hurry though or get some chains for that trailer

Did you have a woofer on yours?

on EDIT: Oops, I guess you already said no subwoofer. I always wondered how they would do without one - not very good I guess. Every once in a while ours will lose contact with the subwoofer and you can instantly tell the difference. I didn't even think about it, but I would be putting a non-subwoofer one outside. I better rethink that. Either I could install a subwoofer somewhere in the basement, or stick to may bose Soundlink II blue tooth speaker, that is just awesome sounding. Wish I could hook the TV to it.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #6

When you buy one that does not have the separate subwoofer the base sound is built into the bar. It is not going to rattle your windows but it sounds good.

I will eventually get her out but knew when I went full time I was going to let her sit until 2016 except for a few GA trips. Hearing all of the horror stories on the suspension that is probably a good thing as I will need to make some changes prior to venturing out. Keep in mind that full timing in the woods as we are makes you feel like you are camping all of the time. But going out west for a few weeks next year is a must. My DW has never been out west or anywhere past Alabama I lived in Topeka for several years while my father was in the service and spent part of the summers in Colorado Springs with my grandmother. That and several business trips out west but would really love to travel there when retired.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
Old 09-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #7

It's kind of strange - lived here all my life so Vacation always meant somewhere else, but lately we've been really enjoying short trips to the parks here in CO. Forgot what I was missing! It is crowed though, reserve early!