Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 03:27 AM   #1

inverter box/ switch

When I purchased my 2018 Redwood, the dealership where I purchased my camper indicated that the inverter switch for the frig on my inverter must be turned on when traveling and turned off when I connected to a power source. The inverter is located on the ceiling in the compartment with my batteries and is hard to get to. Two questions that need clarification, do I actually need to turn this switch on and off as described above or does it automatically switch back and forth when I hook and unhook from the power source? Secondly, if it must be turned on and off, is there a switch located inside the camper or within my in command control box? I saw in general RV questions in some of the older Redwoods there was a switch inside.
Villager4557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:45 AM   #2

You do not need to turn off the inverter when connected to a power source. There is a transfer switch installed that takes care of bypassing the inverter when plugged into shore power or generator power. The ‘18 s don't a remote switch but you can buy one. It’s called: CSW-RS. Your favorite online retailer should have it.

The inverter owners manual:
http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/fil...token=rHJ1rIwm

2017 Ram Longhorn 3500 Cummings/Aisin DRW LB CC and a cute little aftermarket fuel cap
MuddFlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:53 AM   #3

Oh yeah forgot to mention, you do have to turn off the inverter when not in use. Even on standby the inverter uses power. Better yet install a battery cut off switch for the inverter as Redwood bypassed the inverter with the existing battery cut off switch.
Also we have the CSW-1012 model.

2017 Ram Longhorn 3500 Cummings/Aisin DRW LB CC and a cute little aftermarket fuel cap
Old 07-23-2019, 07:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddFlap View Post
Oh yeah forgot to mention, you do have to turn off the inverter when not in use. Even on standby the inverter uses power. Better yet install a battery cut off switch for the inverter as Redwood bypassed the inverter with the existing battery cut off switch.
Also we have the CSW-1012 model.
Does anyone know where the inverter is located on a 2019 3901 WB? For some reason my Frig isn't getting power if I am not on shore power now.
Thanks
EarlA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:46 AM   #5

On the 2018 model, the inverter is in the battery compartment, up on the ceiling. There is a power switch to turn the inverter on/off. You gotta be a bit of a contortionist to reach it. Or you can buy the handy remote switch.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:50 AM   #6

Thanks MuddFlap that is where I found mine as well. I see what you mean about having to be a contortionist. LOL. Where can you buy the remote switch?
Old 07-24-2019, 01:34 AM   #7

Got mine at: Magnum CSW-RS Inverter Remote https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DYL6MXA...p_mob_ap_share

Old 07-24-2019, 01:47 AM   #8

I’ll check it out. I don’t believe mine is a Magnum though. It has a different name on it but I will have to look at it again. Thanks