Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Site Team

inverter

After I took down the basement wall of my RL, I noticed that the inverter had a switch next to the fuses (all 3 are 35 amp). This switch is to go from AGM to acid batteries. Also there's been a few folks commenting on the forums about the size of the converter, they are 100 amp converters.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #2

I know the brochure said 100A and yours may be, but our Progressive Dynamics is only a 90A
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #3

Progressive 90A here.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
After I took down the basement wall of my RL, I noticed that the inverter had a switch next to the fuses (all 3 are 35 amp). This switch is to go from AGM to acid batteries. Also there's been a few folks commenting on the forums about the size of the converter, they are 100 amp converters.
While I had my trailer into the factory service center last fall for its annual inspection, the converter was replaced due to causing flickering/pulsating lights in the coach. Randy pulled the 3 35 Amp fuses out of the original unit and gave them to me. I have checked several automotive suppliers since then for 35 Amp fuses and have not been able to find anything over 30 Amp. So, I suggest that the owners find a source for that fuse rating ahead of time. Also, the service center installed the new 100 Amp converter slightly differently by rotating it 90 degrees to get better cooling

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #5

I have not been able to bring in the large bedroom slide. While I was trouble shooting/removing 12v fuses I noticed that some of the red lights beside the fuse that I pull out did not come on while others did. Any ideas with that.

Hoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #6
Site Team

I believe the little red lights only come on if the circuit has a power draw. There's others on here that probably have better knowledge on this
Old 10-07-2015, 06:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
I believe the little red lights only come on if the circuit has a power draw. There's others on here that probably have better knowledge on this
Not 100% sure but I believe Dave is right. If there is no power draw than the light will not come on. I believe I read that on this forum some time back.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:13 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Not 100% sure but I believe Dave is right. If there is no power draw than the light will not come on. I believe I read that on this forum some time back.

That is correct. Under normal conditions of a enabled load, the fuse acts like a short circuit across the LED circuit so the LED does not have voltage across it to allow it to be energized.

For example, if a switch is closed to a lighting load and the fuse is good, the LED will not be energized. If the fuse opens, then the LED will be able to receive sufficient voltage to energize the LED. However, if the switch to the lighting load is open, then all of the voltage appears across the switch and the LED circuit cannot be energized even when the fuse is pulled.

Hope this helps.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote