Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #1

Independent Hauler Reviews

I am moving into my new 2016 Redwood 39Fl in 2 weeks to become a full timer for the first time. But I am an atypical owner as I will not be towing the unit myself. So I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has had experience with an independent hauler to move their Redwood between towns. I've received a quote from a Melbourne, FL based company called True Price Transport for the move from Michigan to Tennessee in late October. Anyone familiar with the company or any others with a good reputation?
NikD800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:57 AM   #2

If your driver knows America choice Rv from FL do not hire him ! Tonny mcarages is his name you will end up with 1/2 of your new unit like me.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:21 AM   #3

Thanks for the heads up Lorenz but could you elaborate a bit. When you say half of your unit..?
Old 05-27-2016, 01:46 PM   #4

It's a long story you can look the thread up. It's called help rebuilding my 36fl
Story short I got about 10k in damage and my unit has not been repaired in over 1 year ,because I'm never at a location long enough to have it done.

Besides that safe travels!
Kaidocl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:24 PM   #5

that's horrible... sorry to hear that. That's exactly why I'm asking these questions. Appreciate the heads up.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikD800 View Post
I am moving into my new 2016 Redwood 39Fl in 2 weeks to become a full timer for the first time. But I am an atypical owner as I will not be towing the unit myself. So I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has had experience with an independent hauler to move their Redwood between towns. I've received a quote from a Melbourne, FL based company called True Price Transport for the move from Michigan to Tennessee in late October. Anyone familiar with the company or any others with a good reputation?
Just curious...you are going to full-time; however, you are not going to personally tow your rig. Why? We know everyone is different in their lifestyles, but we love the ability to "come and go" as we please. I think it would be so limiting to have to arrange for someone to tow our RW.

Bob
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:43 PM   #7

Hi Bob,
I've travelled and lived all over the U.S. most of my life so I don't need to continue that lifestyle in retirement. And having the Redwood in one spot for a while doesn't prevent me from traveling...I have friends everywhere in the country to visit and a Jeep Wrangler for transport. Just don't need to haul the Redwood with me to enjoy that.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:59 PM   #8

Not to chase you away from Redwood, but if it's going to be parked, why not go Park Model and save yourself a ton of money??
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:52 AM   #9

This is why I am reluctant to ask a simple question on this forum. I didn't ask for advice about how to use my Redwood. I asked if someone could refer me to an independent hauler that has a good reputation. So far one person here has done that…the other remarks have nothing to do with that…so please .. if you can't provide some useful suggestions regarding haulers Id appreciate it if you just keep your comments about anything outside of that to yourselves.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:18 AM   #10

Well Excuse US
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:26 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Apparently Nick you have not been on this forum before. Everyone here are trying to help each other. Sometimes us old people get off topic and sometimes we run into a!!Holes that get on here. The more info you put in your post the better people can help. If the answers on this post bother you then perhaps you may want to go on line or look in the phone book to find someone to haul your trailer
Old 05-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #12

well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Apparently Nick you have not been on this forum before. Everyone here are trying to help each other. Sometimes us old people get off topic and sometimes we run into a!!Holes that get on here. The more info you put in your post the better people can help. If the answers on this post bother you then perhaps you may want to go on line or look in the phone book to find someone to haul your trailer
At this point we should warn all transport drivers!!
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:50 AM   #13
S&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikD800 View Post
You may want to contact Redwood to see their list of preferred haulers, as they ship out to dealerships weekly.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Well stated, as were quite a few others.
Some times it's hard to help somebody who already knows it all.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:37 AM   #15

Sure didn't mean to offend or upset anyone. Sorry I took an interest in your situation. You won't have to worry about me again. Over and out...hope you have better days.

Bob
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote