Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
Site Team

Ok everyone I need some advice for camping in Maine. We're planing a trip in late September or early October to Maine and we've never been there. We'd like to experience the state for about 7-10 days and get a look at the ocean views and enjoy the sights.

Any suggestions would be helpful and apreciated.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #2

I'm working in Augusta Maine now. Building new hospital just of 95 right after the 112 exit. You'll be able to see it on your left heading north. I'll pick up some info. and bring it with us for you. There is also a Redwood dealer here in Augusta.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPSI
I'm working in Augusta Maine now. Building new hospital just of 95 right after the 112 exit. You'll be able to see it on your left heading north. I'll pick up some info. and bring it with us for you. There is also a Redwood dealer here in Augusta.
Thank you! I appreciate the help
Old 08-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #4

We'll be in Maine in early September and will let you know where we stay and what we do while there. We too will probably look for someplace along the coast but in the southern part of the state.
I have was on rvparksreviews.com today and noticed there are plenty of CGs along the coast.
Thanks for the post... Hopefully someone will have a favorite Maine CG to share with us.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #5

Dave & Ginny:
we stayed at thee KOA in Saco. Nice place. Water park a block or so away. Had to drive to the beach (parking is very limited -- on streets near beach accesses). Got a fantastic lobster (cooked to go) at a lobster pound nearby (don't remember the name but just about anyone local will know name & directions and they have brochures) -- had other great really fresh seafood from there as well
Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #6

Hi Dave
Lois and I just got back from Maine as well as 5th. We will bring our info for you.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #7

Hi Dave - I have not camped in Maine for a number of years but when we did it was in and around Bar Harbor and Acadia, which a very nice area. Check out these Big Rig friendly campgrounds near there: http://www.barharborcampingresorts.com/
Old 08-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #8

Dave if you have an IPAD go to apps and upload allstays camp and rv, rv parking.com, rv park finder and mobile rving. Those 4 apps will provide more camp sites than you care to look at. The allstays camp and rv has a manual method of searching that allows you to look at the various types of campgrounds such as KOA, club types (elks, vfw, etc), independent, military, etc and places them on a map for your review.RV Park finder is a Good Sam application that finds Good Sam parks. Hope this helps