Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 05:29 AM   #1

I could use some help

I know it could be a long shot but my truck was damaged and unusable for the next 3 to 4 weeks. If there is someone in the Salt Lake City area willing to help me move my 31sl from Jeremy Ranch to Bountiful, I would be happy to pay for your time and expenses....
Old 06-14-2017, 05:07 PM   #2

I would be glad to, but it will be 3-4 weeks before we come back through there. I'm sure some one will step up to the plate for you.
Sorry to hear about the truck damage.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:47 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. The damage is fairly minor but the LF wheel came off pushing the fender back to where you can not open the door without causing more damage. Of course the hub/rotor and possible suspension needs replacing.

The big delay is getting the insurance company to inspect and authorize repairs. That can take up to 12 business days.....
Old 06-15-2017, 12:19 AM   #4

I could Use Some Help

Have you considered contacting your dealer or one close by? Being an X RV Transportor I know the dealer may have someone to help you 😉 Just a thought.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:41 AM   #5

Very good suggestion.

I just decided to get a new truck rather than wait as I had vacation time planned and this was putting a kink into all of that....

New 2017 3500 HD Duramax with the factory pucks.

A little like getting a new vehicle just because it has a flat tire
Old 06-15-2017, 01:21 PM   #6

Well...that's one way to take care of a damaged fender:-). Congrat's on the new truck!!

Bob
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
Very good suggestion.

I just decided to get a new truck rather than wait as I had vacation time planned and this was putting a kink into all of that....

I need to try that !
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Very good suggestion.

hahaha I did that once in 2006. 3 weeks vacation in front of me and the whole family in the cab when my transmission went out. Dealer said 2 weeks before the "roaming" transmission guy could even look at it. I walked next door and bought a new truck. We did have to wait a day to get the Dealer to install the hitch.

Ain't no better way to start a vacation than in new leather and paint!!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:48 PM   #9

Larry,
That is one good reason to get a new truck!!!! Just have a minor fender bender every 5 years or so!!

I have to ask finally..... what is the old pick up in your avatar? I think it's a pick up?
Only asking since I have a 37' Plymouth PT-50

Steve
Old 06-16-2017, 04:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Larry,
That is one good reason to get a new truck!!!! Just have a minor fender bender every 5 years or so!!

I have to ask finally..... what is the old pick up in your avatar? I think it's a pick up?
Only asking since I have a 37' Plymouth PT-50

Steve
Steve,

It is a 1936 Chevrolet pickup. All original with a 28 HP 6 cyl engine. It is in show condition. The previous owner purchased it from a museum in Stone Mountain GA. They think the odometer is accurate at 75K miles but the truck was completely restored.

It is a very fun toy but boy they did not have any idea how to build a seat for comfort. After about 1.5 hours driving, I am done.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #11

Well I'm stuck in Omaha with a broken down TV. The alternator failed on My new (3300 miles) truck. I made it to a dealership and they replaced the alternator but for some reason the PCM still shows an error message and they can't figure out the issue. 2nd day in Omaha and it looks like I might be here for a third day.

A long post, I know but after reading the above posts maybe I should get a new TV too?

2017 Ram Longhorn 3500 Cummings/Aisin DRW LB CC and a cute little aftermarket fuel cap
MuddFlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:15 PM   #12

Larry, you had a '05-06 2500? Was it a Duramax? You are in for real treat with the new Dmax/Allison, better mpg, quieter, MORE power..
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 06-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #13

Danny,

It was actually a 2010 Duramax. It only has 39K miles and has been baby'd and garaged all of it's life. I had it set up perfectly with tons of accessories. I have mixed emotions as I really loved the truck.

As for the power, mileage and MPG, I have already noticed all of those being an improvement.

Now for spending all of that money on the accessories again.....

I have the 8' bed on this one so I went with the B&W Companion hitch and the factory Puck system. Fits nicely but very different that the Pullrite Slider I had before (most notably the spring loaded jaw clamping on the Pullrite). I will be selling that hitch with less than 10 trips on it. Today will be the first hookup with the companion.

The goal will be to get the tool box/ fuel tank transferred and find a bed cover that can remain on while traveling (the 2010 had that) and will not interfere with the tool box in the front of the bed.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #14

IMHO the Dmax/Allison with the B&W Companion is the cats pajamas, great power, not bad mpg, the hitch is as simple as it gets & you can hook/unhook at almost any angle. Congratulations on the new toys, now go enjoy them.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 06-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Danny,

It was actually a 2010 Duramax. It only has 39K miles and has been baby'd and garaged all of it's life. I had it set up perfectly with tons of accessories. I have mixed emotions as I really loved the truck.

As for the power, mileage and MPG, I have already noticed all of those being an improvement.

Now for spending all of that money on the accessories again.....

I have the 8' bed on this one so I went with the B&W Companion hitch and the factory Puck system. Fits nicely but very different that the Pullrite Slider I had before (most notably the spring loaded jaw clamping on the Pullrite). I will be selling that hitch with less than 10 trips on it. Today will be the first hookup with the companion.

The goal will be to get the tool box/ fuel tank transferred and find a bed cover that can remain on while traveling (the 2010 had that) and will not interfere with the tool box in the front of the bed.

The Roll n Lock slides nicely over the top of my B&W Companion in my 17 GMC 3500 Dually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bama.Craig is offline   Reply With Quote