Old 08-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #1

How to "energize the inwall slideout switch"

We started hearing a continuous peeping noise every 15 seconds or so and traced it to the basement - it's the Lippert Component InWall Slideout switch.

We have *no* problem w/ any of the slides though the batteries were a little low after a couple weeks in storage. Running the generator allowed us to pickup the jacks, haul it to an RV park and then setup w/o issue.

But the peeping continues and the short document I found says the following: "When an error code is present, the board needs to be re-set. Energizing the extend/retract switch resets the board. Energize the extend/retract switch again for normal operation."

Any idea what "energize" means? Is it just to disconnect and then reconnect the power to the device?

2014 36FB, 2012 F350 DRW,
Onan, Washer/Dryer, Dish Washer, Satellite Internet, Comfort Ride Hitch
Current location: Ozarks, MO
Marilyn H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #2

To me, I would interpret that to mean "push the switch" and activate your slides. I would definitely try that. Is it coming from the Bedroom slide (Shwintek) or the other slides?
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:58 PM   #3

I think it's related to the two main slides - it's located on the driver side in the basement. I pushed the switch and pressed it 7 times and saw the red and green lights flash a bunch. We tried extending the slides and it worked fine. But the peeping still persists.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:21 AM   #4

That is your bedroom slide I can't tember the sequence to it but it's in the manual from redwood something to do with pushing the buttons till lights flash and running around to inside side coach and retract bedslide and then push again to bring slide back in. But has to be done before or while flashing lights still on
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #5

No that should be related to the Shwintek slide system on your bedroom, not the lower hydraulic ones.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:24 AM   #6

Ok - I'll get my running shoes on and try when we are loading more things. We're still in the house. I'll report back if that does the trick.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #7

Ok - thanks - sounds like I'm on the right track w/ the bedroom slide.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #8

If your battery is not charged it can cause al sorts of weird things. Are you sure your battery is charged? Are you sure the beeping is not coming from the propane leak detector. I would make sure my battery is fully charged. Partially charged may allow everything to work but you can get an error code if the battery is not fully charged. 12.6 volts or higher would indicate a full charge.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #9

Winner winner chicken dinner???
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
If your battery is not charged it can cause al sorts of weird things. Are you sure your battery is charged? Are you sure the beeping is not coming from the propane leak detector. I would make sure my battery is fully charged. Partially charged may allow everything to work but you can get an error code if the battery is not fully charged. 12.6 volts or higher would indicate a full charge.
I think the batteries are *not* fully charged. We had a problem getting the jacks to work when we were picking it up out of storage. We ran the generator to power everything and were able to move.

I thought having the unit on a 50Amp site would charge the batteries. Is that not the case? We've been on 50Amp for 3 days now. We're so busy getting everything sold, stored, packed and ready that we just haven't had a lot of time to figure out everything about the RV. so much to do - so little time...

Tags
inwall slideout, lippert component