Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #1

Last night it got down to 14 trailer was great but the foam on the water hose did not work to night I'm putting the heater wire in the foam next to the hose
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #2

Very good idea, if you search out rv doctor on internet, they suggest that you run heat tape on the inside of the foam insulation next to hose. they also suggest that you extend the heat tape down the length of the pipe that comes out of the ground and use insulation and duct tape to keep it from freezing before it gets to the hose. Even though my basement is heated (when furnace is running) I would suggest keeping a 40 watt light plugged in the control panel during times of extreme cold when your water usage is low, my BR has an outlet in the control panel area to plug into. many times you will freeze up at a connection point. I would also leavemy water dripping during the overnight hours, make sure your holding tank valve is open to avoid a flooded rv.jmo
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #3

I haven't looked at camping worlds ads lately, but I believe they sell a hose with a heat strip in it. Check them out. And the light bulb in the utility area really works. Good luck. We've been down to minus 23 in New Hampshire. Your words freeze.