Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Dan

Trying to plan out our big trip for next year and need a little help trying to find a place to park inHoustonTx. Our plan is to leave the West coast work our way across to Nebraska and down to Houston ending up there around the middle of Dec and flying home for Xmas and back the middle of Jan. So the problem is finding a place to park and leave the rig. I think the bestscenariowould be a RV park as I would asume it would be more secure and I would be able to leave it hooked up with the fridge and ac working. I have spent a considerable time on line looking at different places but haven't been able to get very far any help would be most welcomed. Thanks

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #2

Dan,

You may want to try calling the local Redwood dealer in Houston. They should have a list of RV parks.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandon13399
Dan,

You may want to try calling the local Redwood dealer in Houston. They should have a list of RV parks.

Thanks good idea never thought of that will see what they can come up with

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #4

One of the resources I use to find campgrounds is campgroundreviews.com. I will go there, read reviews from people that have stayed at the park then link over to the campgrounds webpage. If it looks like one I'm interested in I'll do a google earth view of the place. This helps me see what size the spaces are and where I can get a satellite signal.
We are Passport America and Escapees RV Club members so I also use their websites to look for discounts. There is a an RV park in Porter that is about 25 minutes from the airport that takes Passport America for the first 5 days. After that their regular rate applies. They get a decent review and have pull throughs. It's he RV Park of Kingwood

TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #5

I have an IPAD and use Allstays and RVParking.com applications. I also use Good Sam routing service and Passport. We have made over 70 overnight stops using Allstas and RV parking and encountered only 3 parks that we did not stay in
Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #6

Hello all,

I recommend Marina Bay Rv Park in Kemah, Texas. Kemah is right on Galveston Bay. Just south of the city.
Has all stores and shops, resteraunts locally. There is a boardwalk to enjoy in very close proximity. I have looked at a lot of parks in the area and I feel very secure here. As I work full time in Houston it I's an easy short commute to most areas in Houston. I would recommend taking the 146 highway off of I-10 here. Interstate 45 south through Houston can be a bit exciting pulling a coach at the wrong time of the day. Just my humble opinion.

Best Regards,
Ben
benstefa1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #7

Ben, Are you in Galveston now?
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:10 AM   #8

Not at the moment. Still in Kemah.
benstefa1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote