Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2015, 04:16 PM   #1

has this happened to you?

drove 1700 mi and set up at park. 4 out of 5 slides opened. Entertainment slide (tv, fireplace) didn't go out. We have a "mobile rv service" guy coming soon to take a look. Hope it is an easy fix and not too expensive...anyone else ever have this problem? will let you know what he says and does to hopefully fix it. At least everything works and we are able to get to the chairs, couch and use the room! we've managed for 3 days without it fixed...I thought hubby would wait until we get home since we can use everything (have 2 more stops after this one) but he wants it done now.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #2

well Toby is here checking out our slide problem. The issue is the wire broke off at the motor on the right side of the slide....he is now trying to get the slide out manually so he can get to the motor to get it out. easy install for the builder but a pita for the owner when something happens! THE SLIDE IS OUT and Toby has the motor out. will be back another day - has to find another motor!! The red wire broke off the motor! Hopefully he'll have one in a couple of days and can get it back together.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #3

Atleast you can manually open the slide. Thank heavens for that. We had someone parked next to us whose slide was on a Schwintek and they could barely move the slide to get to the motor.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:45 PM   #4

still trying to locate a motor for the slide! Lippert doesn't have any, waiting to hear from Crossroads to see if they can help...no parts places the man helping us deals with has any...changed parts numbers (coming from Taiwan or China) so who knows when!! We were supposed to leave for ND next Tuesday..may still be here in SD waiting for a motor! At least there is plenty to see in SD!!
Old 09-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #5

That's sad....

Way back when, I've had dealers take parts off cars on the lot for my immediate need (course it WAS when they had to provide a rental car that cost them money )
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #6

We have a 2013 36FL, would like to know how to open the slides manually in the living room?
2013 36FL, Winegard Trav'ler Dish 1000, Stacked W/D, Heat pump, Trailair Air Ride 5th Wheel Pin Box, 2016 3500 Ram Longhorn Edition Crew Cab 4x4, 50 gal auxilliary tank, 5000 Airlift bags, 26K Husky hitch
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:05 AM   #7

great news! Thanks to Christian M at Crossroads, Bettina at Crossroads, Alyssa at Tiara RV and Toby, mobile RV service here in SD, the new motor arrived at 10 this morning and was installed at 4:30 this afternoon. works great! Thought vacation was going to be changed but thanks to all of these wonderful people we are ready to move to ND as scheduled on Tuesday! THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by riciren View Post
We have a 2013 36FL, would like to know how to open the slides manually in the living room?
hubby is waxing his baby right now. I saw him and Toby working on getting it out. I'll have to wait for him to come in so he can explain it to me so I can tell you what they did. I'll get back to you asap.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:36 AM   #9

riciren...hubby just got in. Toby did something in the control box in the storage trunk first, but hubby didn't see what he did there. Then they came inside and the molding was pulled off exposing the motor. Toby took a little screwdriver and manually turned the motor, had hubby pushing the slide out a little at a time. it did take quite a while to get the slide out. we only had one motor (right side of slide) that the wire broke off. hubby could only push out as much as Toby had turned the motor with the screwdriver. Sorry we don't know what was done in the storage trunk in the beginning...not sure this is much help for you.