Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #1

Hanging pictures

Hello friends. I am getting ready to go full time in a new 2019 Redwood 3961RK. Curious if there is a secret to hanging anything on walls in RVs. Nothing heavy of course. When I go to RV shows & walk thru various RV models they have small pictures, mirrors etc on the walls. Any secrets? Or dealers take the loss of repairing walls after the shows? Thank you
gmoyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:01 PM   #2

I have art on my walls in my RW. I use the command strips. I usually put one on each side at the top and one on each side on the bottom. Works perfect for me. And some of my art work is considered medium size. I’d never use nails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:50 PM   #3

Same here! If I think 4 strips would hold it I put 6, be sure to clean both surfaces with rubbing alcohol before applying strips. I usually cut the pull tabs of of the strips so when it comes time to remove them I use a plastic putty knife. We have things that have been on the walls for nearly 5 years & never fallen.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:08 PM   #4

Those that have used command strips! Do you think they would be strong enough to hold a small shelf on the side walls of the bed slide. Our 36RL has no place to put glasses, phone or a small cup of water and I am hesitant to make holes to mount anything there.
Thanks.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyl53 View Post
Those that have used command strips! Do you think they would be strong enough to hold a small shelf on the side walls of the bed slide. Our 36RL has no place to put glasses, phone or a small cup of water and I am hesitant to make holes to mount anything there.
Thanks.

Yes I think it would hold a small shelf. They make them in different strengths. So get the strongest and put them in all four corners. Test it out before you add the glass of water but I really think you will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Barnjess is offline   Reply With Quote