Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2019, 01:59 AM   #1

Grey Tank Overflow Issue

My grey tank overflowed with water coming out from above the propane tank and front of RV. My wife was washing dishes and noticed the sink wasn’t draining. I went out to drain the tanks and found a steady stream of grey water flowing out the front. The grey tanks have filled before without issue. How did grey water get to the front?

I do usually leave them open but had a roach and thought it might have come from the sewer so closed them.
rb8921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:57 AM   #2

Not sure about other models but the early 31 sl was plumbed for washer behind the wall in the bedroom closet. If the gray tank kept filling up and the drain behind the wall wasn't capped off properly I could see water coming out there.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 01:07 AM   #3

I bet that is the answer! There is an electrical outlet in the closet and on the side that had the water leaking. I bet the plumbing is behind that wall.
I caught the problem quickly so believe there was minimal to no damage. Maybe wet insulation?. I am hoping it dries out without growing mold. I may pull the wall down to check. I did take the outlet out and found dry insulation but it is a couple of feet above where I assume the plumbing to be.
Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:21 PM   #4

I would definitely remove the paneling because I would want to know why and where the problem was. I will also mention that if you look down at the floor next to the bed closet side) you will see a small step up from the main floor. Our step piece with the carpet attached came loose and you can see the plumbing run through that part of the floor area. You may be able to prior that off and see if anything is wet in closet area.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:56 PM   #5

I was able to get to the washer drain and hot/cold water pipes but it was dry there. Photo attached.
I will continue to work on this mystery.
Learn something everyday. Didn’t know we were plumbed for washer. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AAC886F2-64F6-4DE0-A306-86657130BC13.jpg (205.1 KB, 2 views)
rb8921 is offline   Reply With Quote