Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2016, 06:49 PM   #1

Great dealers all over the US

After two years of full timing looking back to the process of buying our Redwood 38RL I just feel it is great to share some positive words.

Before we bought our RV we did a lot of research on-line, we visited the Redwood factory and saw at least 10 different dealers. We had time and not everyone has.

My experience now is that the product is very good. We had some things that needed to be repaired but Crossroads stood behind their warranty 100%.

My feeling today is that the most important is to find a great dealer. After traveling from Florida up to South Dakota visiting and emailing several dealers we ended up with Spaderīs RV in Sioux Falls, SD. Not a large dealer but very friendly. Family business and the owner very much involved. We got a great price from them but I understand now that the purchase price is not the most important. The most important is the service you get when taking delivery and more so the service on a long term. I would for sure buy my next Redwood at Spaders. To start with I was sending them emails re. How to etc. and they were always answered fast and even followed up by phone call some times. The delivery inspection was immaculate and we got a lot of tips and added information re. our new RV. Went back after a year to fix some things and they for sure did more than they needed just to make sure we were happy.

I sometimes feel that we got a BETTER service AFTER signing the purchase contract and that is a bit unusual thinking of all the cars I bought here in the US.

I am sure there is a lot of great dealers and think we all here in the forum should share our dealer experiences ONLY positive ones in this thread.

(No I am not paid to share this information, just good with a balance not only sharing our negative experiences).
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:11 AM   #2

We purchased from Lifestyle RV in Grain Valley, MO. We have had many problems with our Redwood and it has been back to Lifestyle four times for warranty work. They are not the quickest, but everything has been fixed with no hassles (after our last warranty work, we put the camper in storage for the winter so don't really know about the that work yet.)
They have always been friendly and willing to help.
After our first summer I pulled the batteries to take home to charge as they were dead. One of the batteries was bone dry. They replaced it with an Interstate deep cell. When in for service the third time, they replaced the other battery and I wasn't aware there was even a problem.
Also, when our unit was done with repairs one time, I couldn't pick it up as our Silverado was in a major collision and in the shop. Lifestyle delivered the camper 70 miles to our storage facility at no charge.
Definitely good service from them.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:32 PM   #3

We purchased ours from White horse RV in Williamstown NJ and dealt with Alicia Kelly... She and the entire dealership was by far the best buying experiance we have ever had..
As far as service, we had it back once to have the DW installed and a few small issues we found on our shake down trip.. I dropped it off on a Thursday after work , my appointment was for that Friday, they called me around 3:00 pm that Friday telling me I was all done so I got it picked up that Saturday Morning...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:49 PM   #4

I'm a little shocked to hear that about Spaders. I went there to get some seals for my slide while camping in Custer. I told them I had a Redwood and they said they were sorry for me, even though they sold them there.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:44 PM   #5

There is different employees everywhere. I have only good things to say about both them and Redwood.
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote