Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax
All,
The pix Dave and Ginny posted on their Factory Tour Forum shows 3 tanks, 2 grey ones side by side under the kitchen and a big white one under the bath.Â* I assume these are the grey and black water tanks?
This will not help out those with an FL but should illustrate what we can expect in the RL, RE, and BR.

All of the waste tanks will be black in color and only the fresh tank will be white in color, this is an industry standard.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #22

The big white one may very well be the fresh water tank. Most of the black and gray tanks seem to be of a black material, while the fresh water tank is a white or translucent material.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #23

I know that the FL tanks are stacked for sure and I'm almost positive the 2 gray tanks are on the bottom.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #24

Bryan, you lost me here:
["Steve if the tanks are stacked you are putting a lot of pressure on the bottom tank at the top where the linen comes in as well as the vent pipe and this is where they will leak."]</span>
</span>
I don't see how equalizing the gray water tanks would be any different than filling them individually as they are currently plumbed.</span>
</span>
</span>
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
Bryan, you lost me here:
["Steve if the tanks are stacked you are putting a lot of pressure on the bottom tank at the top where the linen comes in as well as the vent pipe and this is where they will leak."]</span>
</span>
I don't see how equalizing the gray water tanks would be any different than filling them individually as they are currently plumbed.</span>
</span>
</span>
If they are stacked the bottom one will fill up first and then the top one fills, when the bottom tank gets full the water will try to force tself out around the vent stack and the line that comes into it not to mention backing up into the shower or sink, not to mention that when the bottom tank is full if it is the kitchen or shower it will not allow them to empty to the tank because the vent would be full of water.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax
All,
The pix Dave and Ginny posted on their Factory Tour Forum shows 3 tanks, 2 grey ones side by side under the kitchen and a big white one under the bath. I assume these are the grey and black water tanks? This will not help out those with an FL but should illustrate what we can expect in the RL, RE, and BR.

Would someone post the address where we can see those factory pictures? Are they on this forum?
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #27
Site Team

http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/r597/davemolleck/

Try this link...there are several pictures
Old 04-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #28

And there are more here...

Edited by: KWire
KWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #29
Site Team

If you look at the picture that I posted, you'll see the big white tank which is the freshwater tank. The next tank with a 4 inch pipe coming out of the top is the black watertank. Then the next 2 tanks are the grey water tanks.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #30
Site Team

Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #31

Dave is that a FL frame or an RL, RE.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR2011

Dave is that a FL frame or an RL, RE.
I believe that was a RL or RE which shares the front frame set up
Old 04-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #33
Site Team

The black water tank is in the wrong place to be a FL

Old 04-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #34

thats what i thought on the FL the black tank and one of the grey tanks could be reversed, I'll let everyone know tommorow.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #35

where the black tank is in your picture is where the galley tank probably is on the FL.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
I'm thinking about putting another 3" waste valve in the main drain pipe where it exits the covered underbelly. My thinking is that I can close the newly installed valve and open both gray water valves. This should allow the gray tanks to equalize. Since all the sinks and shower drains are higher than the holding tanks they should still equalize even if they are stacked.
When I'm ready to empty the tanks I'd close the gray tank valves, connect to the dump station then open the new valve and empty the tank as I normally would... black then grays.
Please feel free to critique my thinking here.
If I'm right, the gray water tank issue could be solved for the price of a 3" waste valve.
This sounds like what my DH is planning to do.
Marian
Old 04-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #37

You said in an earlier post that the both gray water tanks were on the bottom.
Also, there is no pressure in the tanks, only weight. Since water seeks it's own level, the water in the vent would only rise to the level of the water in the tank(s).

I'm going to get under mine and take a look at the plumbing. I already have an access panel cut into the underbelly because the sheath for the black cable pushed loose from the collar. I had to get under the trailer and close the waste valve manually. I got the cable replaced and a couple other gremlins taken care of while at this Escapees rally. Thankfully it's being held at an authorized dealership that has a campground on the property.

TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to rseymour21
Did I read correctly, some post regarding this that the kitchen is 45 gal and the shower is 45 gal? For all the Redwoods?
rseymour21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #39

Yes the 2 gray tanks are 45 gallons each.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #40

All,

I ordered a BR with Washer/Dryer and Dishwasher. Why did I order a generator if I can't go more than 1-2 days boondocking before the tank is full.... so I wrote to Andy today and here is my note and his response.

Andy,

The Redwood brochure clearly states grey water capacity as 90 gallons... It does not tell us this is accomplished with 2 tanks.

The Redwood Member Forum is filling with people concerned about these capacities.

I went to considerable extra cost to request the generator prep and generator so I could dry camp away from online sewer hookup thinking I had 90 gallons of grey water capacity. This does not appear to be the case.

Can you please clarify the following:
1. Are there 2 tanks on my BR
2. What does each tank service based on my order (sinks, shower, washer/dryer, dishwasher)
3. Can the 2 tanks be plumbed to equalize the capacity while drycamping at the factory or by my dealer and what is involved to do so
4. Are there 2 grey water valves or does one valve drain both tanks

ANSWER:
Here are the answers from our head engineer:
ALL REDWOODS HAVE TWO GREY TANKS! ONE OF THE RL/RE/BR GREY TANKS HAVE ONLY THE KITCHEN CONNECTED TO IT. THE OTHER GREY HAS THE LAV/SHOWER AND WASHER DUMPING INTO IT. THE BR HAS ONE GREY TAKING THE KITCHEN/WASHER AND THE OTHER GREY HAS THE LAV/SHOWER. YOU COULD EQUALIZE THE TWO GREYS BY OPENING THE TWO GATE VALES WHICH WOULD DO THAT FOR YOU. WE HAVE ONE VALVE PER TANK.

Comments?

BradPAjax is offline   Reply With Quote