Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Site Team

Well ...... our circumstances have changed considerably (for the better !! ) and it looks like we will be travleing much more than we had anticipated with our RL. With that in mind, we have decided to add a GenSet, Washer / Dryer, and Dishwasher to the coach. With that and the additional "stuff" that I know we'll be carrying, it's going to be too much for the truck.

So ~ I know some of you were lookingf / thinking about a SRW Truck. Mine is the biggest GVW available for a SRW and with my 36RL hooked up and the 2 of us in it, I'm under both GVW and also GCWR . Once I add the other stuff and also with all the miles we are looking at, we want a Dually. I'd rather see if I can sell it privately and see it go to someone who wants a truck that is alreday set up for towing.

Here's the specs ~ 2012 Ford F350, 6.7 Diesel,Crew Cab, Lariat, Short Bed, FX4 Offroad 4x4. 20" alloys, navigation, leather, snowplow prep pkg (gives you heavier frt springs and larger alternator and cooling), Rear camera and sensing system11,500 GVW upgrade. Dark Brown Adobe / Light Brown Adobe (the light brown matches almost exactlythe tan on the factory paint or is very close to the tan on the standard rig). 8000 miles, purchased new in 10/2012

Bunch of additions: Sprayed in bedliner, also has heavy rubber mat. BakFlip GT1 hard 4 section folding, locking bed cover, PullRite Super Slider 18k Hitch (this is a totally automatic sliding hitch. Hitch is about $1700 before install). Driving lights added, LED bedlights inside bed for night loading. I know there's more I forgot.

I'm realistic in the pricing if anyone is interested, please send me a email and I'll get back to you with pictures and pricing. I'm planning on making the change within the next 6 weeks.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #2

Vaughan, I don't think you'll sorry for the upgrade. We only have a combo washer/dryer and no dishwasher, but we do have the genny, slim line auto dish, dual group 29 batteries,duall 40 Lb LP tanks, pots, pans, dishes, food and clothing for long term travel (6 months in Florida for the winter). And we're pushing 4K pin weight, but everything works well together and makes towing a breeze.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

Vaughan, I don't think you'll sorry for the upgrade. We only have a combo washer/dryer and no dishwasher, but we do have the genny, slim line auto dish, dual group 29 batteries,duall 40 Lb LP tanks, pots, pans, dishes, food and clothing for long term travel (6 months in Florida for the winter). And we're pushing 4K pin weight, but everything works well together and makes towing a breeze.

4K pin weight?! WOW!
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #4

Hi I am interested in pics and price of your truck please get back to me ASAP thanks
cflaherty9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
Site Team

Wound up trading it
Old 07-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
Site Team

Between the deal that Woodhouse gave me and the tax credits for trading it, if I had sold it privately I would have had to get over $50k.
Wodehouse Ford in Blair, Nebraska is incredible to deal with.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
Site Team

It's amazing how well this forum works. It was a little over a year ago I had posted on this site that I was thinking about trading in my 2011 F350 SRW for a dually but was concerned about the loss I'd be taking on the truck. At that time I was to by KR2011 that he bought all of his trucks through Woodhouse Ford in Blair NE.

I thought this was a bit of a stretch since they were 7 hours from me but I gave them a call and talked with a guy named Jessie. To make a long story short, within 2 hours I had a deal worked out, called my banker and the following week I headed to Blair, NE with the intention of coming back without the truck if the deal didn't work out as he promised. This was the easiest truck deal I'd ever worked and the BEST DEAL I'd ever imagined.

When Vaughn (Piperguy) had posted his interest in trading trucks, I passed the info to him.

Being a business owner myself, I always try to keep the money local but I also understand that a dealership has to earn my business either through price, service or friendliness. Woodhouse is the largest ford dealer in the country and I can't believe the deals they offer and how well they treated my wife and I.