Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2018, 11:01 PM   #1

Good Sam

Got mail about adding good Sam rv/vehicle coverage and I wanted to know if anyone here has used the insurance package they offer and if it is worth it
Thanks in advance
Striper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:53 AM   #2

Are we talking Extended Warranty, or Vehicle Insurance?
If Vehicle Insurance every time we tried getting a quote from them they came in approx 3 times higher than our Full Timers policy with Progressive.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:06 AM   #3

I should have been more specific. The extended warranty for the 5th wheel
Old 11-14-2018, 02:24 AM   #4

Some seem to have good luck others claim just about ever claim is denied. We're self insured, have the cost of several Extended Warranty plans tucked away and haven't needed to touch it in over 8 years.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #5

The best advice I can give it to go to RV.net forum and see see what they are saying there.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:15 AM   #6

Put your $$$$ in a “rainy day” slush account for breakdowns.At least you’ll get 1% interest on your money😂 Personally never cared for their constant annoying high pressure marketing correspondence resulting in me severing my membership with them.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:15 AM   #7

Extended warranty insurance

I know some RV owners will justify carrying extended warranties, so this is not a criticism on their choices, you just have to find your own comfort. However, I just completed research on the extended warranties offered by several companies, because my RW warranty expires very soon and I was looking for a way to protect my investment. My recommendations are to read the "fine print" and let it sink in, then ask them specific questions about what is and what is not covered, how long they've been in business, what are their claim and BBB ratings, etc, etc. Also, ask techs and service facilities who they've worked with and processed claims. There are several which require that you have your TT maintenance schedule done by licensed or certified RV techs at an authorized RV dealership. Crazy as that sounds, the intention is to make sure you haven't neglected service and demonstrate documentation, and in the case of motorized coach RV's, that makes sense (like engine and powertrain lubrications), however; most of us do these "inspections and light maintenance" on our TT ourselves. When I actually posed that question to Coachnet and RVSolutions, they actually sent me the RW maintenance schedule and admitted that without verified documentation, the contract could be null and void. RW owner's manual states some things need to be checked monthly or every 3 months. Good Sam extended warranty was crazy expensive, nearly 5 times more than anyone else. (yes, I have the quote in hand). Wholesale Warranties has some of the best coverage and doesn't require an inspection prior to your warranty expiring. I will quote what an RV tech told me, “Overall, Wholesale is the most reasonable and from his experience, pay claims without hassle”. They also were higher in cost, nearly $800 for 5 years for our RW. Some offer tech hotlines, 7/24/365 either included or as an add-on cost. It comes down to comfort level as to what you can fix and what you need to have a professional tech do. After all the research, I'll take my money and put it into a contingency fund, pay out any work that needs professional input that I can't handle myself and not to wait for some third party giving me the okay to proceed. I will also pay due diligence and remain proactive on maintenance and personal inspection. Last year, I paid extra for the MorRyde IS and disc brakes, and better tires and wheels, which is the center of how well it performs on road conditions, so there's a bit of comfort there in itself. I haven't listed all the companies nor gone into all the details, because it's just too lengthy. For some, it is the right choice despite the cost, but for others, it is not.
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman1 View Post
I know some RV owners will justify carrying extended warranties, so this is not a criticism on their choices, you just have to find your own comfort. However, I just completed research on the extended warranties offered by several companies, because my RW warranty expires very soon and I was looking for a way to protect my investment. My recommendations are to read the "fine print" and let it sink in, then ask them specific questions about what is and what is not covered, how long they've been in business, what are their claim and BBB ratings, etc, etc. Also, ask techs and service facilities who they've worked with and processed claims. There are several which require that you have your TT maintenance schedule done by licensed or certified RV techs at an authorized RV dealership. Crazy as that sounds, the intention is to make sure you haven't neglected service and demonstrate documentation, and in the case of motorized coach RV's, that makes sense (like engine and powertrain lubrications), however; most of us do these "inspections and light maintenance" on our TT ourselves. When I actually posed that question to Coachnet and RVSolutions, they actually sent me the RW maintenance schedule and admitted that without verified documentation, the contract could be null and void. RW owner's manual states some things need to be checked monthly or every 3 months. Good Sam extended warranty was crazy expensive, nearly 5 times more than anyone else. (yes, I have the quote in hand). Wholesale Warranties has some of the best coverage and doesn't require an inspection prior to your warranty expiring. I will quote what an RV tech told me, “Overall, Wholesale is the most reasonable and from his experience, pay claims without hassle”. They also were higher in cost, nearly $800 for 5 years for our RW. Some offer tech hotlines, 7/24/365 either included or as an add-on cost. It comes down to comfort level as to what you can fix and what you need to have a professional tech do. After all the research, I'll take my money and put it into a contingency fund, pay out any work that needs professional input that I can't handle myself and not to wait for some third party giving me the okay to proceed. I will also pay due diligence and remain proactive on maintenance and personal inspection. Last year, I paid extra for the MorRyde IS and disc brakes, and better tires and wheels, which is the center of how well it performs on road conditions, so there's a bit of comfort there in itself. I haven't listed all the companies nor gone into all the details, because it's just too lengthy. For some, it is the right choice despite the cost, but for others, it is not.
Thanks for the very detailed information