Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #1

Galley Tank Broken Cable

Good morning, I'm looking for information on repairing a broken cable to the galley tank on my 2012 Redwood 36RL. Any advice on location to access tank, valve, connection would be very useful.

Thanks, Gunny2005
Gunny2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #2

I'll follow your post as I've always been concerned about this happening to us.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #3

If this helps, the fifth page on the attachment shows the drain routing on the 2012 36RL.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Redwood 36RL Drawings RevG 09-11-2014.pdf (378.1 KB, 105 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:17 PM   #4

Thanks

It definitely does!
Old 01-05-2016, 04:26 PM   #5
Site Team

If I remember correctly if you drop the black plastic covering the bottom of the Redwood, you can get to the valve. Those are self tapping screws holding the plastic up so a cordless drill or screw gun will be handy.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #6

Most often the cable is held onto valve with a set screw & it loosens off so drop the belly pan & tighten. If it's the cable they can be found at most rv supply stores & easily replaced. The worst part of the job is lying under there to remove the covering.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:12 PM   #7

Brad...that's a nice set of drawings you have. Any ideas as to where I might be able to get a set for our 36FL?
Old 01-05-2016, 09:33 PM   #8

Thanks all, most helpful. Now if there wasn't 10 inches of snow on the ground and more coming today and tomorrow I would be more motivated, but such is the RV life, wish me well.

Gunny
Old 01-05-2016, 09:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Brad...that's a nice set of drawings you have. Any ideas as to where I might be able to get a set for our 36FL?
I got them from Dave a long time ago, who probably got them from REdwood back when he bought his. I have asked my Dealer a couple of years ago and he sent me whatever I asked for, so you might try that.

We tried to get the owners group to publish all drawings, but for some reason Jim had heartache with those being public, so the owners group pulled them all. He should visit the Winnebago site sometime under "Resources" Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information

Everything owners have collected are published here in the Library tab.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I got them from Dave a long time ago, who probably got them from REdwood back when he bought his. I have asked my Dealer a couple of years ago and he sent me whatever I asked for, so you might try that.

We tried to get the owners group to publish all drawings, but for some reason Jim had heartache with those being public, so the owners group pulled them all. He should visit the Winnebago site sometime under "Resources" Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information

Darn shame....... sure would be a helpful resource for those of us who are interested in knowing the mechanical routings of our specific units.
CHRISTIAN ....... possible for you to check with mgt. on this one ???
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2005 View Post
Thanks all, most helpful. Now if there wasn't 10 inches of snow on the ground and more coming today and tomorrow I would be more motivated, but such is the RV life, wish me well.

Gunny
Gunny...you can pick up a twist-on shut off valve that you can install where you hook up your sewer hose. I put one on when I had a tank valve failure. I left it on even after the repair. It provides additional protection if you have a valve that starts to fail. Just a thought until your weather improves!

Bob
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Darn shame....... sure would be a helpful resource for those of us who are interested in knowing the mechanical routings of our specific units.
CHRISTIAN ....... possible for you to check with mgt. on this one ???
Ya Christian, ask your Dad again! It would be a great assett to Redwood. Check out the Winnebago link below, select a ficticous year and model - it has wiring, plumbing, framing, for every model, nearly ever year since they have been in production!

http://winnebagoind.com/product-reso...ct-information
Old 01-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #13

There are examples of numerous manufacturers who provide information like this to their customers.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Ya Christian, ask your Dad again! It would be a great assett to Redwood. Check out the Winnebago link below, select a ficticous year and model - it has wiring, plumbing, framing, for every model, nearly ever year since they have been in production!

Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information
I would be happy to check- but that decision to not release diagrams actually comes from even higher up than Jim (the GM)! Will do some digging and get back with you.
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:09 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:

Redwood gave me all the drawings of the RL because I had one and I was always helping others. They were supposed to have emailed me all the drawings but then when the management changed that offer was off the table.

Those drawings have helped a lot of people over the last couple of years
Old 01-07-2016, 08:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Redwood gave me all the drawings of the RL because I had one and I was always helping others. They were supposed to have emailed me all the drawings but then when the management changed that offer was off the table.

Those drawings have helped a lot of people over the last couple of years
Ya I lucked out because they happen to be my model. I would be frustrated if I couldn't get them for another model.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #17

This is the problem with a lot of industries. They are so H3LL bent on protecting their dealers (even though they don't require good workmanship from them) that every thing is a coveted secret. I hate taking anything to be repaired by some Jimbob hack that really could care less about your equipment. This seem to be a trend in our country. The business owner is suffering too because he can't get employees to even pass a drug screening let alone one that cares. Then when they find one they don't want to pay him in fear that others might be offended and file a suit for some kind of discrimination