Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Galley Tank Broken Cable

Good morning, I'm looking for information on repairing a broken cable to the galley tank on my 2012 Redwood 36RL. Any advice on location to access tank, valve, connection would be very useful.

Thanks, Gunny2005
Gunny2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
I'll follow your post as I've always been concerned about this happening to us.
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:58 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
If this helps, the fifth page on the attachment shows the drain routing on the 2012 36RL.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Redwood 36RL Drawings RevG 09-11-2014.pdf (378.1 KB, 103 views)
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:17 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Thanks

It definitely does!
Gunny2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #5
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
If I remember correctly if you drop the black plastic covering the bottom of the Redwood, you can get to the valve. Those are self tapping screws holding the plastic up so a cordless drill or screw gun will be handy.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
travelin' texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,905
Most often the cable is held onto valve with a set screw & it loosens off so drop the belly pan & tighten. If it's the cable they can be found at most rv supply stores & easily replaced. The worst part of the job is lying under there to remove the covering.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
Brad...that's a nice set of drawings you have. Any ideas as to where I might be able to get a set for our 36FL?
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:33 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Thanks all, most helpful. Now if there wasn't 10 inches of snow on the ground and more coming today and tomorrow I would be more motivated, but such is the RV life, wish me well.


Gunny
Gunny2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Brad...that's a nice set of drawings you have. Any ideas as to where I might be able to get a set for our 36FL?
I got them from Dave a long time ago, who probably got them from REdwood back when he bought his. I have asked my Dealer a couple of years ago and he sent me whatever I asked for, so you might try that.

We tried to get the owners group to publish all drawings, but for some reason Jim had heartache with those being public, so the owners group pulled them all. He should visit the Winnebago site sometime under "Resources" Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information

Everything owners have collected are published here in the Library tab.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:03 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Rosey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I got them from Dave a long time ago, who probably got them from REdwood back when he bought his. I have asked my Dealer a couple of years ago and he sent me whatever I asked for, so you might try that.

We tried to get the owners group to publish all drawings, but for some reason Jim had heartache with those being public, so the owners group pulled them all. He should visit the Winnebago site sometime under "Resources" Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information

Everything owners have collected are published here in the Library tab.
Darn shame....... sure would be a helpful resource for those of us who are interested in knowing the mechanical routings of our specific units.
CHRISTIAN ....... possible for you to check with mgt. on this one ???
__________________
Mike & Gayle
Our 3 fur children "Ting-Tang"&"Saylor"(Shih Tsu's) &"Kai" (Finnish Spitz)
2007 Silverado Classic 3500 LT C.C. Longbed Dually,
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:42 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2005 View Post
Thanks all, most helpful. Now if there wasn't 10 inches of snow on the ground and more coming today and tomorrow I would be more motivated, but such is the RV life, wish me well.


Gunny
Gunny...you can pick up a twist-on shut off valve that you can install where you hook up your sewer hose. I put one on when I had a tank valve failure. I left it on even after the repair. It provides additional protection if you have a valve that starts to fail. Just a thought until your weather improves!

Bob
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:21 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Darn shame....... sure would be a helpful resource for those of us who are interested in knowing the mechanical routings of our specific units.
CHRISTIAN ....... possible for you to check with mgt. on this one ???
Ya Christian, ask your Dad again! It would be a great assett to Redwood. Check out the Winnebago link below, select a ficticous year and model - it has wiring, plumbing, framing, for every model, nearly ever year since they have been in production!

http://winnebagoind.com/product-reso...ct-information
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
There are examples of numerous manufacturers who provide information like this to their customers.
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Ya Christian, ask your Dad again! It would be a great assett to Redwood. Check out the Winnebago link below, select a ficticous year and model - it has wiring, plumbing, framing, for every model, nearly ever year since they have been in production!

Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information
I would be happy to check- but that decision to not release diagrams actually comes from even higher up than Jim (the GM)! Will do some digging and get back with you.
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #15
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I got them from Dave a long time ago, who probably got them from REdwood back when he bought his. I have asked my Dealer a couple of years ago and he sent me whatever I asked for, so you might try that.

We tried to get the owners group to publish all drawings, but for some reason Jim had heartache with those being public, so the owners group pulled them all. He should visit the Winnebago site sometime under "Resources" Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information

Everything owners have collected are published here in the Library tab.
Redwood gave me all the drawings of the RL because I had one and I was always helping others. They were supposed to have emailed me all the drawings but then when the management changed that offer was off the table.

Those drawings have helped a lot of people over the last couple of years
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Redwood gave me all the drawings of the RL because I had one and I was always helping others. They were supposed to have emailed me all the drawings but then when the management changed that offer was off the table.

Those drawings have helped a lot of people over the last couple of years
Ya I lucked out because they happen to be my model. I would be frustrated if I couldn't get them for another model.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 377
This is the problem with a lot of industries. They are so H3LL bent on protecting their dealers (even though they don't require good workmanship from them) that every thing is a coveted secret. I hate taking anything to be repaired by some Jimbob hack that really could care less about your equipment. This seem to be a trend in our country. The business owner is suffering too because he can't get employees to even pass a drug screening let alone one that cares. Then when they find one they don't want to pay him in fear that others might be offended and file a suit for some kind of discrimination
__________________
2013 Redwood 36RL. 2005 Dodge 3500 DRW 4X4. 6 speed manual transmission. South Bend dual disc clutch.
Tomkidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×