Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2019, 09:09 PM   #1

Furrion gas oven acting real wierd...

Does anyone have experience wit the Furrion Gas ovens?

We used ours for the first time the other day and had a heck of a time cooking... The actual oven temp was about 100* off what the LED read out was telling us , and what the knob was reading... AND when it was set to 400* the temp hit 375.. they 370.. then 365.. then 375.. then 370 so on....

the temp settled on 400,,, the manual thermometer we purchased read 325 and the digital thermometer I have was reading 299.... to 310...

I have googled if there was any calibration that can be done with no luck...

Not Lookin to give it all the way to the dealer if its something I can calibrate myself....
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:56 PM   #2

Friends have a new Alpine and have gone thru 4 or 5 Ovens trying to get one that provided the heat that it was set for. I think from what I've heard and read that Furrion sold the RV industry a bunch of questionable goods. Seems their name keeps coming up with assorted problems.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Friends have a new Alpine and have gone thru 4 or 5 Ovens trying to get one that provided the heat that it was set for. I think from what I've heard and read that Furrion sold the RV industry a bunch of questionable goods. Seems their name keeps coming up with assorted problems.

I have been thinking that since Keystone IS Furrion.... I wonder if there are any OTHER mfg's out there that I could switch to ?
Old 07-06-2019, 09:38 PM   #4

Don’t think Keystone is Furrion. Furrion as I understand is just another company making their products in China and distributing them out of Elkhart, IN

Suburban still makes range/ oven cooktop units since they purchased Atwood some time ago. We still use the Atwood in our 2012 every time we use the Redwood.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:00 AM   #5

Ours pretty much does the same, it's really sensitive. A pizza stone on the bottom rack helps some. I pretty much just deal with it.
glenwolde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r time soon View Post
Don’t think Keystone is Furrion. Furrion as I understand is just another company making their products in China and distributing them out of Elkhart, IN

Suburban still makes range/ oven cooktop units since they purchased Atwood some time ago. We still use the Atwood in our 2012 every time we use the Redwood.
I made a mistake,,, They are not keystone ( that I know of ), they are a Lippert company...
Old 07-07-2019, 02:00 AM   #7

While the new Furrion stoves look modern and improved not everything new is better. We also use a pizza stone when using our Atwood oven to help regulate or keep the heat more even. Our calibration is off by about 25*. We know to set at 400* when we need the oven at 375*. Not a big deal to us.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
Old 07-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #8
Site Team

Chris - where do you place the stone ? Directly on the grate above the burner, or higher up on a rack ? Have never figured out just where to put it
Old 07-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
I made a mistake,,, They are not keystone ( that I know of ), they are a Lippert company...
I don't think they are Lippert either. They are a short sighted RV CEOs dream company, and US production worker nightmare company. They are based in Hong Kong with regional sales in Elkhart.

In other words, we (Coleman, Dometic) outsourced our US RV products to them for so long to gain a perceived profit margin, they took what they learned and now produce their own brand and will eventually put our high and mighty's out of business.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:18 PM   #10

Vaughan, Piperguy,
We place our pizza stone on the grate/ rack. The same one you would place the pan or baking sheet on. Works for us.

Our stone has broken roughly in half diagonally and we just push the 2 pieces tight together, preheat for a few minutes to get the stone good and hot and proceed to bake or cook whatever we intended to cook in the oven.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:09 PM   #11

Furrion is not a Lippert company, but Lippert made an $11 million deal to distribute their products for 6 years exclusively. See link for South Bend Tribune article: https://www.southbendtribune.com/new...5e0a2480a.html

SOUTH BEND — Lippert Components has entered into an exclusive deal with global electronics company Furrion Limited, the companies announced Tuesday. The six-year, $11 million deal grants Lippert the rights to distribute Furrion's complete line of products throughout the United States and Canada, according to a news release. The products will continue to be sold under the Furrion name.

"We are very excited about the agreement with Furrion," said Jason Lippert, Lippert Components CEO, in the release. "Furrion's product offerings allow us to enter several new significant product categories with our existing customers, as well as sell the Furrion products to new customers.

Furrion currently supplies a premium line of LED televisions and sound systems, navigation systems, wireless backup cameras, solar prep units, power solutions and kitchen appliances, primarily to the RV industry. Furrion also plans to increase its array of products through the coming years, to which LCI would also have distribution rights, Lippert said in the release.

As part of the deal, Lippert Components acquires Furrion's current inventory, as well as deposits on inventory scheduled for delivery. LCI will warehouse and distribute the inventory from its current facilities, leveraging existing warehouse and distribution capabilities.

"In 2009, we began selling components to the RV industry. … And, by 2014, our sales exceeded $35 million," said Aaron Fidler, founder and CEO of Furrion, in the release. "Furrion concentrated on many of the same factors that brought LCI success — focus on what the customer needs and deliver innovative products on time and at a fair price. As we have grown so quickly, we felt it was time to have a partner to assist with the sales and distribution."

Old 07-07-2019, 11:36 PM   #12

The entertainment centers in our motorhome are made by Furrion. I had issues with both head units. Rather than jack around with the dealer, I contacted them through their website. They got back with me quickly. They ended up sending me replacement units, with the outside unit getting a free upgrade. I just had to send them some numbers off of the units. The new ones arrived quickly also. Put the old ones in the boxes, attached the return labels, and sent them back. The outside unit still had a disc in it when I sent it back. I enclosed a CD case and a note asking it to be returned if possible. I received the disc back undamaged and at no charge. I can't find any reason to complain about their service.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by r time soon View Post
Vaughan, Piperguy,
We place our pizza stone on the grate/ rack. The same one you would place the pan or baking sheet on. Works for us.

Our stone has broken roughly in half diagonally and we just push the 2 pieces tight together, preheat for a few minutes to get the stone good and hot and proceed to bake or cook whatever we intended to cook in the oven.
Ours is on the solid metal shelf above the burner. I doubt it matters. The stone acts as a heatsink. Our oven is off about 25 degrees. I tend to set it 50 degrees high. As soon as I put whatever I'm cooking it will drop 25 degrees anyway. So for 400 I set at 450 put food in and it'll drop to read 400 (which is really 375) as soon as it gets back up to 425 on the display I turn it down to 425. It's finicky.
glenwolde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #14

We bought a stone from Furrion and it fits in a slot in the solid shelf just above the burner. We never take it out. The digital display is way so off we use a Taylor oven thermometer.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #15

*** update***

Keystone shipped a new oven 2nd day to the repair facility close to my house. It arrived Friday morning, and was installed and I picked it up yesterday after work..

Turned the oven on, set it to 350... the digital readout said, 350 AND the oven thermometer that I put inside ALSO read 350... Its a beautiful thing...

Keystone came threw.... THANK YOU