Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2016, 04:30 AM   #1

Unhappy Furnace on 13--36 FL

So I noticed that my furnace kicks on and the upstairs vent will put out air middle section by kitchen will put out air.. nothing in bedroom??

test #1cover upstairs cover with a book and cover kitchen vent with book to see if I was getting more pressure to move to bedroom (no luck)
test #2 got in to storage compartment to look at vent hoses coming out of the back of furnace everything seems fine. so (no luck again)

test #3 this was my last option and for some reason I knew I wasn't going to get anything out of it but I sure tried.... stuck the vacuum down the vent hole and hoped some lint or paper or what ever come out .... didn't happen.

any ideas I ran out of them.........................
Old 05-10-2016, 10:29 AM   #2

I would try taking the bedroom floor vent off and putting your phone camera down in the duct and face it towards the front, take a number of pictures with the flash on.
If you do not see any thing, take the floor vent off by the kitchen where you have air flow, put your phone camera down in the duct and face it towards the back, take a number of pictures with the flash on.
When taking the pictures you may even shine a small flash light down the duct to light it up further down than the camera flash.
You may be able to see the restriction / blockage.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #3

Several owners in the past have experienced this issue and It turned out that The connection to the floor vent behind the basement wall had disconnected(not the furnace plenum connections but up where the duct meets the floor register). Twice I had to reconnect mine and on the second time, I actually added screws to keep the connection together and then tape with aluminum tape to seal it. I haven't heard of any one having this problem for awhile but maybe Redwood is back to it's old tricks.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:11 AM   #4

sure thing faced phone towards the back took few pictures and also used a mirror of the wife with flash light and found this. this seems to be all part of insulation and others.
insulation .png
Old 05-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidocl View Post
sure thing faced phone towards the back took few pictures and also used a mirror of the wife with flash light and found this. this seems to be all part of insulation and others.
Attachment 2127
That's great, did removing the debris correct the air flow issue in the bedroom ?
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #6

yes it did...
Old 05-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Glad it was a simple fix being your have had a lot of things go wrong