Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
par

This question is directed to full-timers from Canada. Our projectof becoming full-timers is progresssing well but I have a nagging issue about mailing addresses. I am curious to know what some of you have done to solve it. As you all know our official documents; License, Medicare, Passports, Income Tax,etc...must have an address? I have considered a few options; family, friends, and rented addresses. I am frankly not keen on asking family and friends, this works fine for a month or so but this is a much longer commitment. Info on rented address in Canada would be appreciated.
Thanks.
par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #2

I have no first hand experience, but I have read nothing but good reviews on Escapees and they have a mail service. You can check it out here.
http://www.escapees.com/MailService/Default.aspx

HTH, Keith
KWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
par

Thanks Keith!
I have checked it out, but this issue needs to be dealt with in Canada. At this point there aren't many RW owners in Ontario so the likelyhood of finding someone with this problem ispretty low.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #4

You can rent a box from a UPS franchise in Alberta for a reasonable annual cost. Not sure about elsewhere in Canada but I have lots of snowbird clients that use them.

Lawr
Lawr&Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawr&Moe
You can rent a box from a UPS franchise in Alberta for a reasonable annual cost. Not sure about elsewhere in Canada but I have lots of snowbird clients that use them.

Lawr

Are you saying that these people who have rented these addresses actually have that address on their cards; License, Medicare, etc etc....?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #6

Maybe, I never asked though. The address looks like an apartment address & the staff a the one near us are very helpful - I believe they would even forward mail (at a cost). Can't see how it wouldn't work though. I had many clients that have & still use them to look like the have a physical office while they don't. Call an owner of one near you, I'm sure they will let you know if it can be done.
Lawr&Moe is offline   Reply With Quote