Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2014, 03:09 AM   #1

Fresh water tank?

So wemt camping again this weekend and had no water at our campsite so I sanitized and filled my water tank. I was filling my tank and not paying attention and overfilled it and when I did it ran out underneath out of two hoses one white one that comes out of the top of the tank and the other is a blue pex line. So I shut off the water, it stopped coming out of the white hose pretty quick but the blue hose ran until the guage showed 2/3. So I turned the water on again this time shutting it off when I heard it gurgling and the guage read full nothing came out of the white hose but did trickle out of the blue hose for a few seconds but that was it and still read full. So when we headed out to the campsite and left the house it started pouring out of the blue hose, I stopped but it still kept running out like it was siphoning out of the tank, when I got to the campsite it only read 2/3 full again. Sorry for the length, does anyone know what this blue pex line coming out of the underbelly is for was thinking of caping it off but not sure?
Old 04-21-2014, 03:13 AM   #2

Did you check to see if the valve was closed on the blue line? It should be at 3 o’clock which is closed. White line is the vent line

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:31 AM   #3

There is no valve on it, if you are referring to the low point drains yes both hot and cold are off. This is a different blue hose sticking out of the underbelly about an inch at a 45 degree angle towards the rear like the fresh water tank overfill hose, it is about a foot in front of the overfill hose.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:47 AM   #4

I posted on the other site. I put a valve on mine.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:55 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
There is a full discussion and solutions to this problem on
www.redwoodrvowners .com
Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 AM   #6

Got the same set up with our 2013 36fl.. same scenario.. fill the fresh tank and the blue??? hose 4 feet back, and in the middle of the unit will siphon/drain the fresh tank down to 2/3rds or less!!!!! it is not the over flow for the fresh water tank. Asked the dealer.. and he said.. I don`t know maybe it is system over pressure/over fill drain..?? wth??? he had no idea...:|(

I added 2 ball type shut off valves to the actual fresh water overfill hose and to this mysterious blue pex type hose coming from the middle of the unit. Ron Howilard could not tell me what it what for. Mark Quinn stated it was added to the water supply system as an over pressure release,???? but could not state where it was connected or why it drained upon filling the fresh water tank.... But in the case as stated above.. water used to drain stright out of the fresh water tank while filling.. and continue to siphon that way till the tank was 2/3-1/2 empty.. ( if i was able to actually fill the tank)..after adding the valve, I can actually fill our fresh water tank full, before the over fill line, ( all 4 valves, fresh water tank drain,fresh water tank overfill,hot and cold low point drains aside one another...) begins to spout furious amounts of H20..

Any insight as to what this line is, where it is connected, and why it does syphon the fresh water tank down to 2/3 rds or less would be appreciated..

not meaning to hi-jack the thread.. just curious.. as I have the same problem..
mesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #7

It is an overflow line, but it was installed wrong and will siphon off approx a 1/4 to 1/3 of the tank.
Thought Redwood fixed this early problem, but beginning to look like with the change over of personnel some of the original problems are re-surfacing (not really a good sign for RW)
Any way, yes just put a small shut-off on that line, just remember to open it back up once you've used some of the water in the tank.

This is getting really sad, that problems that had been reported and fixed some time ago are now coming back to life. Sounds like some of the fixes were never documented and new people now working from the old info recreating the same problems.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote