Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #1

I am in need of 2 measurements. The first one is what is the exact measurements for the location of the ceiling fan. I know it is strait across from the Max fan but I do not know if it is centered or off set. I need this because they forgot to install it and sent me a fan for me to install but no measurements.
The second is what are the measurements for the wall cover behind the picture between the entry door and the entertainment slide. If you remove that picture it reveal the wall plate that covers the electrical connections for the awning.
I need these measurements from at least a couple of FL owners so that I can get an average location for these two items.
Thanks in advance.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #2

I will be able to help you next tuesday. Hope you can wait
Old 05-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #3

Thanks Bud hopefully I will get some measurements before then but I will take them when you can get them.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #4

I'll get those to you tomorrow Bryan....
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #5

Thanks Steve.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #6

I also need to know where they located the switch for the ceiling fan.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #7

Bryan;
The ceiling fan center is 59 1/2 " from the bathroom wall and 46 " from the door side wall.
The is no switch... just a pull chain

The single gang electrical box behind the picture is 14 1/2" right of the slide out and 18" down from the ceiling.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #8

Thanks Steve. I was told yesterday that they didn't even run the wire for the fan or put the backer in the ceiling. I'm half tempted to pull it to the factory to have them finish the job.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #9

I worked in the automobile industry for 30 years and have seen special assembly instructions get missed quite often. There's a build sheet with boxes that let the operator know if a part they install is required and which specific part if more than one is available. I.E.... color, auto/manual, trim, etc...

If the box on your build sheet for the ceiling fan wasn't checked the operators probably just omitted it instead of looking for special instructions. I can't tell you how often I suggested them putting an asterisk in the box to let operators know there are special instructions at the bottom of the build sheet.

I've also seen instances where operators will look to see what operators before them did and use that to determine what they are supposed to do to the vehicle. So if the guy that installs the wiring didn't see the backer plate he assumed there was no fan option and didn't install the wiring.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #10

Thething here is that all of the paperwork had the ceiling fan on it but when my salesman had to sign off on the build sheet the ceiling fan was not marked so they did not install it. my salesman says its all his fault. but the awning wiring is the factory's fault they were told to do everything except actually installing the awning.