Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2017, 09:38 PM   #1

First Redwood

Who owned Redwood between Cameo and Crossroads?
Buddy Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:17 PM   #2

Hasn't it always technically been Thor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bama.Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:12 AM   #3

I didn't think/know it was ever a Cameo. Tom Montague came from Carriage after they were history as GM of RW & he wanted to bring the Carriages back to life under Thor, but it never got done til after he went to Heartland doing Landmarks. If I'm correct the Cameo/Carriage line is gone again, I think now their design may have been gobbled up by the Lux brand. They were, to my knowledge, building RWs at Crossroads in Topeka from the get go. Hoping someone with better knowledge than I will chime in & correct me if that's not the correct turn of events,
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:38 AM   #4

https://rv-pro.com/features/qa-redwoods-don-emahiser

Article & interview with Don Emahiser from 2011

Old 07-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #5

https://rv-pro.com/features/qa-redwoods-don-emahiser

Old 07-14-2017, 11:05 AM   #6

I am attempting to post an interview with Don Emahiser I found from April 2011. For some reason this forum is not allowing me to post the link.

Not sure when they moved it under Crossroads but it has always been owned by Thor at the top.
Put https:// in front of this.

rv-pro.com/features/qa-redwoods-don-emahiser

Old 07-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #7
Site Team

To my knowledge Danny's got it right. Redwood has always been a Thor owned company, then became a division of Crossroads and then Keystone. It has always had its own General Manager. Tom Montague started it, Andy Cripe screwed it up royally, and Ryan Juday is doing the best he can to fix the Andy mess without putting it further into red ink.
Original plant was not in Topeka (can't remember the little town right now) but production was moved to Topeka about 2 1/2 years ago.

Cameo / Carriage was a plan of Tom's but as Danny said, it never materialized. We were shown a pre production unit at the Rally about 4 years ago and most of us weren't really impressed. It just kind of went away..........
Old 07-14-2017, 02:21 PM   #8

Just some interesting history of Redwood

Redwood RV | RV Business

Looks like July 2010, Redwood RV was a start up division of Thor as a high end luxury fifth wheel company.

In February 2012, Redwood won the rights to the Carriage name through auction. Cameo was part of that. I think it was around then the divisions were Carriage, Inc., Crossroads RV, and Redwood RV, all under Thor. All merged sometime in 2013, with Redwood as a part of Crossroads RV.

The latest division merge under Thor - bringing Redwood under Keystone management. I lost track at that point.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post

Redwood RV | RV Business

Looks like July 2010, Redwood RV was a start up division of Thor as a high end luxury fifth wheel company.

In February 2012, Redwood won the rights to the Carriage name through auction. Cameo was part of that. I think it was around then the divisions were Carriage, Inc., Crossroads RV, and Redwood RV, all under Thor. All merged sometime in 2013, with Redwood as a part of Crossroads RV.

The latest division merge under Thor - bringing Redwood under Keystone management. I lost track at that point.
Thanks Brad, that is a good read !
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post

Redwood RV | RV Business

Great read. One sentence caught my eye "The 38GK also offers two bathroom vanities, up to four TVs and several of Redwood’s core standard build items including Level Up, flush mounted windows, and whisper quiet AC."

Where would the 4th TV go in a GK?
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeman View Post
Great read. One sentence caught my eye "The 38GK also offers two bathroom vanities, up to four TVs and several of Redwood’s core standard build items including Level Up, flush mounted windows, and whisper quiet AC."

Where would the 4th TV go in a GK?
Back in 2013 they offered a 2nd TV in the living room, although I have never seen one. It went in the cupboard opposite the kitchen and I might have considered it if I had known it was available. The outside TV in the basement is one option we did get, before they moved them to the slide, and eventually off the list altogether.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TV options.jpg (342.1 KB, 8 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #12

Brad

Thanks for that interesting link. It is a great read. My brochure shows that TV opposite the kitchen, but like you, I've never seen one in the flesh.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote