Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #1

External antenna hookup

Like many others I am struggling with the coax routing in my 39MB. I have the tracer but mainly dead ends.
-I do have my direct tv coming through the convenience center with a dtv receiver in living room and another in the bed room that work fine
- antenna works in bedroom and outside tv but not living room.
-in the convenience center, only one of the three coax goes anywhere that I could trace.
- as our RW is primarily in our rv-port, I would like to hook up a external antenna to the cable connection in the convenience center as from the diagram I have seen the antenna and cable share the same coax, just have to turn off booster for cable
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated, I am installing new coax fittings
Pockets52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:34 PM   #2

Checking terminal connections is a good start, however; dead ends may also mean something more sinister. I’d suggest pulling a panel or two in the basement and check if coax cables are even hooked to your cable docks. You may find, as we discovered in our unit, the coax cable was cut 7 feet short. Yes, 2 cables were cut and left for dead, 7 ft short from the docking ports. I noted that after looking at the docking station while pulling the panel off in the basement. Added new coax cable, crimped on new terminal connections and then traced the lines. Obviously it’s best having as few as possible connection points, but there weren’t any alternatives in this case. Low skilled and under performing workers are the large part of the labor force at many RV manufacturers, unfortunately; they are the ones constructing your RW, and they probably screwed up your coax too.
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote