Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2018, 05:28 AM   #1

extended warranty

I've looked at previous blogs and forums on extended warranties, but they're older and thought I'd see if there were some new revelations. How many of you have an extended warranty on your RW? Due diligence in checking companies has brought on more concerns than answers. Some offer 7/24/365 available phone tech service, which I like, because I'm handy, but I want to avoid mistakes too. Wholesale Warranties has probably one of the best warranty services and still less costly than GS, but I think they're still pricey. Cheaper policies have this "gotcha" small print and/or have very poor ratings, on BBB, Google or if you follow the trail of who is the actual underwriting insurance company, they'll be tons of complaints. Coachnet requires less than 4 month occupancy and wants all your regular RW maintenance done only by a licensed RV dealership, otherwise; they'll deny claims, (small print, but it's there). Our RW's bumper to bumper will end in a month. Part of me thinks that I should put the premium money in the bank and just pay for things if I can't fix it, while the other part of me would like to have peace of mind. Dilemma, but it's part of the life of those who choose to live in one of these things, even if it's only 4 months. lol
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:58 PM   #2

Do as you said, put that money in bank on the off chance you might need it, once you give it any of them it's GONE.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:28 AM   #3

I bought the extended warranty with my RW and it has paid for its self all ready. norcold refrigerator went out and the warranty company paid for a new four door dometic with ice maker. They paid 4500.00 all I had to do is pick out the model. the new refrigerator is a lot bigger than the norcold as far as cubic inches, it fit in the same space and works better my ice cream is perfect. my extended warranty cost less than the refrigerator.
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #4

I agree the RW warranty was well worth the money as I had refrigerator, toilet, front jacks and other small items covered which would have cost me twice the price.
charliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #5

We went with USA Travel Care. It was available through our dealer. We got the 7y warranty for $1705. We also have the Forever Warranty that covers other things that the USA Travel Care doesn't cover. The Forever Warranty doesn't have a premium but you must do the required maintenance through an authorized dealer in order to keep the warranty. I am not a handy man (sort of am but really not that much... ) so I don't mind paying to have the maintenance done.

We have a 2016 Sequoia 38GKS and we have gone past the 2y RW bumper to bumper. Just a month ago we had the RV in the shop to get a repair done to the Lippert Level up system. Turned out that the External Rear sensor went bad. This fix cost over $600 and was covered via the USA Travel care warranty.

The way I look at it, I have gotten back $600 of the $1705 that I spent up front. For me, I decided to go with peace of mind and purchase the warranty.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here. Just depends on what works for you. For me, I thought that $1705 was reasonable for a 7y warranty and I was willing to pay that up front.

-Mike
Mike&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:34 PM   #6

Also... what is cool about USA Travel Care is that they cover the generator also. To me, that is a really nice benefit.
Mike&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman1 View Post
I've looked at previous blogs and forums on extended warranties, but they're older and thought I'd see if there were some new revelations. How many of you have an extended warranty on your RW? Due diligence in checking companies has brought on more concerns than answers. Some offer 7/24/365 available phone tech service, which I like, because I'm handy, but I want to avoid mistakes too. Wholesale Warranties has probably one of the best warranty services and still less costly than GS, but I think they're still pricey. Cheaper policies have this "gotcha" small print and/or have very poor ratings, on BBB, Google or if you follow the trail of who is the actual underwriting insurance company, they'll be tons of complaints. Coachnet requires less than 4 month occupancy and wants all your regular RW maintenance done only by a licensed RV dealership, otherwise; they'll deny claims, (small print, but it's there). Our RW's bumper to bumper will end in a month. Part of me thinks that I should put the premium money in the bank and just pay for things if I can't fix it, while the other part of me would like to have peace of mind. Dilemma, but it's part of the life of those who choose to live in one of these things, even if it's only 4 months. lol
I used wholesale warranty. $100.00 deductible. 4 year warranty.
Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman1 View Post

We haven't been able to fine a dealer tech that I trusted to do the work if ever needed. I do all my own upgrades and repairs , 90% of the time I am not happy with finding poor workmanship or more broken stuff then I took it in for.